Friday, August 19, 2011

Crunch Time

Wow...deadlines all around. And I'm trying to move; packing is hell, and I am losing time that I need to be attending to, oh, everything else. Meg's answer is to figure out what I want to keep, and throw the rest away. Yeah...good answer.

I have to start writing like a mad bastard, and I am just worried. In Other News, I guess everything is ok. I whine a lot. I know.

I tried to do something nice for Meg, she's annoying me with how simple everything seems in her world, and I hope she doesn't get angry with me over it. Sadly, most of the stuff I have to do is, well, stuff *I* have to do. I can't farm it out.

And when I move from here, I may never date again. This Guy is annoying me so that I've stopped phoning him. All he does is talk about himself, and if he forgets my birthday again, I'm done. I'm not giving him the chance to insult me again over the holidays about not being a fucking xtian.

Anyway...back to work. :-/


- Posted using SomeBlogApp that I don't know how to use. o_O

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unique blog...for a while I thought I knew you based on sciencey educationy references and the style of your writing. I don't think you are a physicist in Austin and I kinda wish you were. Be here now works better than you might think,. Give it a chance. AND dump the dude!

Anonymous said...

Hi, and hugs! I'm not a physicist in Austin, though I kind of wish I were, too. She probably makes more than I do right now. :-> I am a researcher, and I'll be a little less obfuscatory as soon as I graduate (December) and get a permanent job (let's hope Dec/Jan). One of the things I am looking forward to is having more free-ish time, so that I can do silly things like, ummm, have friends again.

And about This Guy, well...tomorrow is my birthday. While I am not laying a trap, I am conducting myself as I always do -- I am not demanding presents or a card. I was just raised to not be an attention whore, or one of those perpetually pouty females who has a List of Demands at the ready so as to beg for gifts and attention. If he forgets again, yep. Done. My schedule is such that I haven't been 'out' with him in two months. But I will never throw my life and career (and education) away for any man. So if he chooses to retaliate with drama and manipulation, pfft. He has had his own share of troubles this year, but some of it has been of his own creation. And while I do not demand that everyone think just like I do, I am putting my foot down and demanding the same respect for myself that I show to others. In other words, I'm not putting up with any more invalidation and devaluation because I'm not religious. I will be ok. I promise.

Do you blog? I am a sucky virtual friend ATM, but am always open to meeting new good people. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the quick judgement on your relationship. An arrogant assumption on my part reading him as self absorbed and religious. You? Juggling a complex set of circumstances ; family, school, relationships and timelines!
It's obvious your an intelligent and articulate young woman getting done what needs to get done. I respect both, even your self proclaimed bitchyness although I would be ducking quickly if it was directed at me.

Suffering is mostly about not being able to accept what is as "what is". It doesn't change just because your suffering through your attachment to it. It only has meaning if you assign meaning to it. I'm not going to go meta on you here so I hope it's not appearing that way as I am an empirical too and don't spend too much time in projection and dancing around in my mother cultures meme. No religious or god memetics. That doesn't mean I'm incapable of having sympathy, empathy, and compassion for your particular situations. I do...... Give yourself a break. This to all will pass and you will be ok. I promise. Get on with it.