Monday, August 30, 2004

Yay, Math.



Augh…how can it be so early in the term and I’ve already fallen behind? Ok, I’m not technically behind yet, but I will be tomorrow if I don’t read twenty pages. Blecch. I guess I’ll go get it done in a bit. But I don’t have to be happy about it. :-)

My Mom seems to be ok. She’s less sick today than she was yesterday, so I guess that’s a good thing. She won’t just rest though, and I hate it when she acts like that, though in that respect, she’s just like me, I guess. I have a hard time stopping, but probably when I get to be her age, or if I had her health problems, I would have caught a clue, you know? Ok, ok…maybe not. But damn it, you get what I mean.

My son-friend has started working part-time; it’s not a great job, it’s not a bad job. I’m just happy it’s a job. That way, he feels somewhat better about himself, and I feel somewhat better about my bank account balance. I still have been giving him some money these past few weeks, but nothing like what it was over the summer. If I could save up enough to get to go do something over winter break, that would be really wonderful. Nothing major, just like a couple hundred or so, and go away for a weekend, or something. I’m not picky.

I came home early today because tomorrow is a semi-all-day meeting (this means we sort-of break for class), and I have some laundry to do, and I have my heart set on a nap--or at least an early bedtime if I can’t get through twenty pages of stupid math quickly. Can you say “Phooey Poo-Poo, Boys and Girls? I know you can…”

I wish I were one of those majorly together types of people, but for some reason, no matter how hard I work, I can’t seem to manage it. For all of my life, I have never understood that. Sometimes it feels like everyone else on the planet got an instruction manual that I missed out on. :-) Or maybe they’re just getting more sleep. I know that definitely one thing is that whole not-doing-well-talking-to-people thing I do. But I don’t know how to fix it. And the close friends and stuff I have had don’t work out, for one reason or another, usually because they turn out to be nuts. I think I attract those types because I seem non-judgmental. I guess. Who cares—it’s not like it’ll change. But so I’ll spend this whole term waiting for the other shoe to drop, and who knows; perhaps it will.

No; I’m not upbeat today; I have to go do Math. I mean, who could be upbeat with that hanging over their head??

No comments: