Sunday, December 16, 2007

Oh, shit -- it's Upgrayedd!

Ok, so I suck...it has been a busy week. I'm just updating a draft, so
here goes...

On Friday:

I am waiting for Meg and some other friends to join me at Morty's Meat
Pit. It's actually Tony Roma's, but I like to annoy by calling it
Morty's.

holy shit...she's early. More later.

ok; butsoanyway.

I had the spinach chicken thingy, and I guess I will be having that
tomorrow, 'cos i had a breast and a half left. And let me tell you
here, 'cos everyone there seemed to think this was some elaborate
dish: it would be painfully simple to make this yourself, at home,
for less. Steam some nice veggies (just a little less than Morty's,
'cos it's nicer when they are still kind of raw and crunchy-ish), and
put those in a bowl with Rice-A-Roni. Take two chicken breasts, and
grill them just enough to taste grill-y. Then plop some frozen creamed
spinach on top, and bake them. Then put the chicken on top of the
Rice-A-Roni. And I really *do* think they used Rice-A-Roni, despite
the withering, 'noooooo, pezzint!' look our server gave me. Srsly.
R-A-R. Promise.

Our esteemed guests (at Job 2-sub-1, the ones for whom we were running
a quick-and-dirty benchmarking study) are gone...thank god. We did the
Entertaining Them dinner last night (boring). It was fabulous
(boring).

Meg and I have matching sister laptops (mainly 'cos I bought hers and
mine at the same time a few years ago when I turned down the Eviljob
laptop 'cos I was doing a lot of travelling back then, but wanted to
not have to worry about my personal stuff turning up on corporate
property) but Meg's just blew up. So tomorrow, after I get off work,
we are going shopping for her new one. Which makes *me* want a new
one, 'cos mine is now horribly out-dated, though it was cool when I
bought it. I just do not have the budget to swing another laptop like
I want right now. Sigh.

ok...now on Saturday, Meg and I went shopping after work. She bought
an HP something-something and, well, so did I. So we have matching
sister laptops again. The one I have now is way-lighter, so that is
awesome. We have named our laptops Upgrayedd. Two Ds at the end for a
double dose of dis pimpin'.

I really need to stop watching Idiocracy. :-)

After we bought Upgrayedd, we swung by my home and dosed Romeo, fed
everyone, and I have been running around with Meg ever since. Right
now, we're heading back into town, 'cos I have to get an early start
tomorrow on finishing up a ginormous PITA project that was supposed to
have been done by now. Meg was intending to go to a WSOP event in New
Jersey, but changed her mind; now next up for her is a WPO/WSOP thingy
in (I think) Tunica. I guess that means she is spending her New Year's
at a circuit event. :-)

I wish I could go, but meh; I can't. I am afraid that I am stuck
working straight through the new year, practically. But I guess it
really doesn't matter; I don't need to be spending any money, and I
can't really do anything else constructive right now. Other than
having fun, or something. :-)

Ok...I am almost home and starting to get a ferocious headache. Time
for sleep after I dose Rome again, I think.

No comments: