Monday, May 19, 2008

Sick. And tired.

It is one of the most over-used phrases in the English language, but
it is true. I have run my ass into the ground, and yesterday I popped
up with an upper respiratory infection, so today I had to speak for
almost three hours straight with no break whilst hopped up on DayQuil.
Pfft. In one week alone, I lost five pounds from all the walking I've
had to do, and this week is almost worse -- today I had to walk from
one end of campus to the other THREE TIMES because some department who
shall remain nameless but assists special-needs students couldn't get
their shit together. Or, rather, the work-study eighteen-year old who
kept intercepting my phone calls and giving me misinformation couldn't
get her shit together. When I went there for the second time, I even
flat-out said that I know some of these chirrin have
organisational...erm...issues, and could I please put a blank form or
two on file Just In Case, cos I don't want one of these guys shorted
for something they can't fucking help, and They of all people should
'get' that planning ahead is not a strength for certain people. So I
was told no -- no back-up blank forms. So then I asked them to PLEASE
check to make sure that NO ONE ELSE had asked for accommodation...they
checked and said no.

Guess what was in my email inbox when I walked back to my office? Yep
-- another form. BWAAH!

...and that was my lunch break, plus some; I literally had no time to
eat today. And I just took another DayQuil, and now I'm rid of any
desire to eat at all...something in these OTC cold & flu meds always
kills my appetite.

butsoanyway.

I have to nap for about 20 - 30 mins., then do more prep for tomorrow.
If I can get ahead, I'll post more soon, but I just had to tell
*someone* how tired and defeated and just plain shitty I feel right
now.

And the price of gas is fucking killing me. We *have* to have this
happen the one quarter where I have to travel all over Hell and
Creation?

I need a hug. And a loaded gun. in that order.

No comments: