Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ow! My Balls!

.







Sesame Street Lyrics


So Meg is doing well, and I guess that I am doing ok. I am debating whether I need to go on to sleep, or eat something. Probably sleep. I have had The Ladybug Picnic stuck in my head for a few days, ever since it was bumper music on NPR, the bastards. Eh. I meant to start a post earlier, but then I got busy and forgot. I did go play trivia with Harry tonight (last night?), and he brought his gf. He's talking about marrying her, which I think is stupid, but whatever. He is only doing it so that she can get his insurance.

...did I ever mention what Harry's gf does? She's a chat line girl. Yep. No, seriously. Actually, there's decent money to be had (in relative terms) ...just no insurance.

butsoanyway.

So I was watching another of the twenty-eight billion televisions they have hanging off everything there, and within minutes, I was almost falling out of my seat laughing; there's this television show, Wipeout, that I'd never seen before tonight. It reminds me of Ow! My Balls!.

No, srsly. This is a completely ridiculous show. Someone had turned on the closed captioning, but in Spanish -- so I spent half the show thinking that it was a Spanish-language show, then I realised it was on ABC. Well, the sound was off (or unable to be heard over the music), and I was paying most of my attention to NTN. Harry's gf kept telling me that it was I Survived a Japanese Game Show (ummm...BBQ???), and she thought my joke about Ow! My Balls! was stupid...but then again, I suppose she is entitled to take that personally.

Oh, I crack me up. Butsoanyway.

This show is PAINFUL. Honestly. It seems that the strategy of most contestants involved falling face-first into water, foam, and padded pylons. Ow. I am honestly just not believing that this is an actual show.


Ow.

Ow...my balls.


When I thought it was in Spanish, I was 'translating' the show in between trivia questions (I speak little-to-no Spanish) into a derivative of Python's Upper Class Twit of the Year, giving Kevin 'Nigel' Incubator-Jones an IQ of 2.5 (something showed up on the text as 2.5), and a head full of 'guapo' (sounds like 'guano' to me!). Then it occurred to me -- this would be an awesome way to decide who gets to be President! It's so...American. I think I am going to submit my suggestion to something. There's even space enough in the schedule to let Hillary come back and try her luck at jumping over inflated pool floats in the shape of flamingos and alligators.

I don't know if this show is a good thing or not, but...it is definitely entertaining. In one of those meta-entertaining ways that I am sure most aren't getting -- just us. Snort. This country is getting stupid. Really.

I especially liked the stick figures they drew for recaps -- that was awesome.

No comments: