Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Howard Hughes was never ill, it's just his brain was a little sore...

i still have not heard about my little...potentially fruitless attempt
last week; as soon as i know, i will share, albeit limitedly.

though if i have an epic fail, well...i will bitch here unreservedly. bank it.

in Other News, at Eviljob i have switched managers again, only this
time i am working under someone i worked *with* a few years ago, when
i was in IT (still for Eviljob).

what? i don't seem like a geekgirl? ahhh...it's the lighting. truth be
told, i am a titanic weirdy-type geek. i got out of IT cos there was
No Future after Eviljob realised that once we (IT peeps) got a type of
certification, we left Eviljob to work for an even bigger, more evil
corporate entity. butsoanyway.

when i was in IT, ol' Howard used to crack me the hell up -- i was sat
right next to him -- because he is batshit crazy. like seriously,
completely, off-his-meds nuts. he was constantly talking about how he
was about to put a bullet in his brain, or how our facility should be
condemned because he saw a gnat in the bathroom, and so on. we all had
nicknames, and his was 'milton' -- as in from office space. and i got
parked in-between 'milton' and 'farva' (as in from super troopers).

and no, i'll not be sharing my nickname; it was rude. :-)

so i found out today that milton -- who is now floridly psychotic --
is my new manager.  So I am renaming him Howard Hughes; it was that, or Hunter S. Thompson.

lol... I accidentally published before I was done, so I had to recall the post to finish.  Anyhoo, so I scheduled a meeting for tomorrow morning about a testing crisis at Job 2.5, and then booked to Eviljob to find out that HH is our functional group's manager.  Everyone was upset, because he has the reputation for being, well...crazy.  I was deliriously happy; we have reviews coming up, and I was sweating mine under Miss Piss, our interim manager who we all thought was here to stay.  We were not happy over this especially because Piss took an idea over from another area manager and essentially stole it, but that is another story.

...and I just took an hour-plus long phone call, the short of which is SuperMom is pregnant, and I have run out of time to finish this post, 'cos I have to get my shit together for tomorrow's meeting.  But, in the middle of a shitty month, today was a good day.  And I didn't even get a chance to tell all about how HH kept me from climbing up a tree after one of the parking lot cats.  No, seriously.  Kiki got down all by himself just fine, as predicted.  It was funny.  Now I really have to get to work.  Bwaah.  


No comments: