Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy new year...ish.

I spent NYE with Meg and emailing back and forth with my brother. He's miserable; he is right now at some kind of medical something at a Forward Operating Base for about a month, then he goes to some clinic or hospital. But where he is right now, he's the senior officer, so he says that no-one gives him any shit, but no-one fraternises with him, either. So he spent Christmas and New Year's alone.

This really pisses me off and makes my heart hurt, by the way.

Meg is sick, so she's tons of fun. Tomorrow, I am writing my ass off and feeling sorry for myself. And my brother.

I'd love to go into the Christmas upset, but right now, I'm still too angry. On the Family side, we had as nice an Xmas as possible without Mom, and that's what matters the most. I write emails to my brother that are as funny as possible, I gave Meg a modest aquamarine ring (I am so financially shaky right now that it's tragic) and a Pandigital Novel (white) that I got at such a price you wouldn't believe me if I told you. And that was *before* the additional $40 off I got because I complained when the salesman was a schmuck to me.

And for what it's worth, I didn't actually *complain*; the salesman literally bit my head off when I asked a question about the damned thing -- the whole exchange is not worth repeating -- and I simply told a manager in Customer Service that if this employee had missed a break or something, he needed to be given it because, from a managerial perspective, when this schmuck files a Workers' Comp claim for getting his block knocked off for speaking to some testosterone-laiden dude's wife or mother that way, it'll count as an on-the-job injury. So the manager said he'd check, and gave me credit for a rebate that had expired that I hadn't known about, but he rang it up as if I'd complained about the rebate. And got another employee to go get the Novel for me, cos the schmuck was having some kind of meltdown, and I said that I didn't want to go back there. And no, I didn't call The Schmuck a schmuck. I was honestly thinking that he's having a shitty holiday season, maybe had someone call out sick on him, and missed his lunch or something, and that's mostly what I told the CS manager.

Butsoanyway.

So since I have given my brother his presents before he left, I've been trying to entertain him via email as a kind of present. My brother is usually a humourless bastard, and I annoy him when I am silly, but he has even said that he appreciates my emails. Go figure. I have made up this whole alternate-universe-like storyline about sending him a cat (I've named the cat Al A. Ackbar), and a sixteen-year old Domino's pizza delivery guy named Dennis, who is having to travel by barge to Afghanistan, and had to get vaccines, and didn't want to be put in the barge's hold, and Dennis' mother's messages to him, and I also have a storyline about sending the Michigan Militia over, along with some biker gangs, and I've also worked a zombie apocalypse in there, along with WWII propaganda films (taken from You Tube) of Private Snafu (I'd love to buy the set -- a high-quality one was just released in November, but I am saving my money), the Our Job in Germany one, and some from the CCCP with subtitles (Brat's Russian sucks), and I've also worked in this whole thing with the movie Spies Like Us, and my buying armaments from Russians off eBay.

I am a regular fucking Scheherazade, I tell you.

He *hated* to admit it, I could tell, but finally thanked me today. :->

And now I need sleep. I will deal with other stuff later.

Hugs.


- Posted using SomeBlogApp that I don't know how to use. o_O

No comments: