Saturday, October 23, 2004

Thanks for the coolness, Kate!

I found this link while playing online when I should be working:

http://www.kate.net/funstuff/calendars.html

This is *wonderful*!! The October ones are gorgeous!

Ok, so anyway, since I'm here...

I am swamped. Drowning. So far, this Christmas season sucks. But, on the other hand, there are sort of good things; Number One Good Thing is that I am not failing that god-awful math class. Nopers, I just got my midterm back a few days ago, and I have a solid B. Considering that this class is one in which I aspire to mediocrity, I can live with a B. Well, ok...other than that, there's not much else that's good per se. Everything else is just liveable. Well, another good thing is that I have gotten to hang out a few times with someone I work with who is a great and very funny guy. Too bad he's younger than I am. Sigh. Oh, well--it's the best I can do as far as male company goes at this point.

Speaking of male company, want the living definition of pathetic? When you go for a Pap, and your Gyn tells you you need to get a "social life". Who on earth ever has been so pitiable as to have that happen? Ummm...right here--Ancodia. Yeppers, I went for my yearly, and actually got a sit-down talk after about do I get depressed, am I looking for a boy/girl friend, and don't I think I need a more fulfilling social life, because I am a "beautiful, bubbly girl with a wonderful personality [Ed. Note: I am?] who seems to be rejecting...[Ed. Note: here, to me, it kinda trailed off into that Charlie Brown's Teacher's "Wop Wop Woo" kind of talk, but it took the general direction of why am I not on birth control and sleeping with someone, fer chrissake?]". I told him everyone gets depressed, and anyone who says they don't is a liar, which he conceded, and I tried to explain that I would have a hard time fitting anyone into my life right now. I was tempted to tell him that from a distance, men are ok, but up close and once they get used to you, they tend to be major jerks, plus the fact that I seem to have been born without the ability to have an orgasm fairly seem to be putting the "social life" thing on a *far* back burner, but I didn't. My bet is he would have said that not all men are like that (and he's right; only the ones that are interested in me are like that), and as far as orgasms go, try harder. Or something else equally helpful that essentially amounts to my not putting enough torque behind it, or something. :-P So I left with a promise to think about getting a "social life". The temptation coming from my Inner Satirist to stop on the way home, buy a vibrator, and tick that one off my "to-do" list was almost overwhelming. True, it involved shopping, but I just wasn't up to it then, because Paps make you all scratchy and crampy, and my breasts were starting to hurt from the breast exam. Being a girl sucks.

ok, ok...so I lied. I'm *not* going to think seriously about getting a "social life", as it were. But what was I supposed to say to him?

Ok...back to writing this dumb paper that's due on Thursday and I won't have finished. Auuuugh!

No comments: