Sunday, April 12, 2009

Why Our Children Are Teh Stoopid.


I helped an 'Easter Egg Hunt'...and I use the term 'hunt' loosely.  See, the eggs were laid out in plain sight on a pretty large patch of grass, and the area was encircled by a paper ribbon.  The chirrin lined up and the ribbon was cut, and they all ran to grab plastic eggs.  

This was just dumb as hell.  I had nothing to do with the organisation of this.

I suggested that if we needed to help the kids out *that* much, then maybe they needed to get a cheat sheet that had pictures of plastic eggs in all their various colours, with the captioning of 'EGG' under each picture, along with a picture of blades of grass and a clump of dirt, each of which would be labelled 'NOT AN EGG'.  

No one but Meg and me thought this was funny.  

How in the fuck is this a 'hunt'?  Are our kids really that stupid any more?  Are we *really* this deeply in the throes of the 'everyone's a winner' mentality?  At the point where one is just setting eggs down to be picked up, why not just give the eggs out? Why is it that Meg and I are the only ones bothered by this?

I had decided to become more involved in holidaystuffs since I love holidays (especially the Autumn and Winter ones), and never get to do anything for them, it seems, but...this was bullshit. I may not do that again.  Feh.  

omfg.  That is really all I have to say.  Happy Easter.  And happy birthday to Squooshable, Cookie, and Rhett Butler...all Easter squooshables.  :-)

2 comments:

Smento said...

Saw this just now and thought of you, dear Ancodia.

ancodia said...

Oh! More dead malls! Yay...errr...I guess I shouldn't be *happy*, hmm?