Thursday, July 02, 2009

Kittytoes

Ok, so Rhett cracked a hind pawnail off, and he had to be declawed on
one toe last Saturday. Now he's come down with what appears to be a
respiratory infection, so I took him to the vet, where his symptoms
promptly disappeared. So when I got off work, I went to pick him up
(I'd had to drop him at the vet's en route) and he looks fine...until
I get him in the car. As we're pulling onto the main road home, Rhett
starts back in with the sneezing and wheezing. Now, mind you, this is
sneezing and wheezing that he has held in FOR OVER FIVE HOURS while I
was at work. What the hell?!?

I need an interrobang on this keyboard.

So how did he manage that? How? How can I 'prove' Rhett is sick? I
have an appointment for him on Caturday at eleven with Dr Superhero,
and we'll see how that goes. in the meantime, Rhett's been on 1cc of
Clavamox 2x/dy and 0.5 meloxicam, mobic...whatever, it's the
same...for pain 1x/dy, and I have him in this huge thing for dogs that
looks like a giant plastic cat carrier (with no handle on top) that I
bought cos I figured one day it'd be good to isolate a sick cat or use
when I move. Plus, I got it really cheap cos it was a floor model and
was missing the box, instructions (it has three pieces -- the top, the
bottom, and the door; what instructions do they think I *need*,
seriously? How about 'assemble so it works'? There: instructions.),
and was missing some assembly nuts that I literally went next door to
Home Depot with one of the surviving nuts (for an example) and
replaced the missing ones for somewhere around five dollars, if I
remember correctly. Protip: Cats don't notice when nuts don't match
exactly, but my wallet certainly noticed the fifty percent discount.

I have so gone off on a tangent from my point...grr. How can Rhett be
sniffly if he is on Clavamox? I don't get it.

In Other News, I am so fucking depressed that I could just die; big
test in mid-August, and I cannot get ahead enough to devote more than
a few hours a day to it. I am starting to freak. And I emailed some of
my old workgroup about when they are getting together to study for
this (it's like a licensing exam), and can you believe that no one has
gotten back to me? I really do not know how to take that; on the one
hand, it feels like a snub, but on the other hand, maybe the two main
people I feel snubbed by are thinking they do not have much to
contribute. I guess we will see; I intend to try one more time, and
then give up.

I swear...again...to do better about posting.

No comments: