Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Happy Birfday!

A very Happy Birfday to Ms Grammarian, who deserves to go out and party something fierce! :-) If I ever figure out how to put links on my blog (it's probably terribly simple, so I'll have to be honest and admit that I've not looked for instructions yet), she is definitely on my link list! Thank you for being sweet, funny, and intelligent--in short, thank you for being you! :-)

Tomorrow is Mom's birthday, and then mine the very next day. Woo-hoo! And my TPTB made Fluffer cancel this "urgent meeting" on my birthday. Could life get any better? Plus Fluffer was pissed off, and started screaming (I am not kidding) at TPTB, and so TPTB just started screaming right back at her! About damn time, I say. Especially 'cos Fluffer admitted that it was better for her schedule to make me come in on my birthday, since this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday she has to be in some extreme mountain biking competition, or some crap like that. Excuse me? Physical labour--particularly *voluntary* labour--takes precedence over my birthday like, never.

I make the rules since I'm always the only one who celebrates it, natch. :-)

Well, I try to celebrate it somewhere in the vicinity of the correct day. Usually. Most of the time. This year, I don't know what I want to do. Well, I *want* to go to Disney. Or a big mall. Preferably both. But I *wanted* to go to Disney. As if that were going to happen. So I will go do something that I will probably decide to do on the spur of the moment Thursday morning.

And I have already bought my present to me, so it has to be something cheap. Yes...::hangs head::...I've been watching the Home Shopping Network again. I didn't mean to do it!

Well, that's what I'm going to tell Meg.

HSN and I go way back. When I was in that 3-class series that Fluffer's finishing, I went through it with a kooky girl and another Arab girl, kind of as friends. The Arab girl and I worked, and the kooky girl and I laughed, and it all worked out. But the Arab girl and I shared the same hobby--shopping on HSN and QVC. It was sad. We even unintentionally ordered the exact same stackable ring set once, and had a debate over who would remove theirs so the other could be original. :-) It sounds bad in the repeating, but it was in good spirit. I gave in, by the way. She was kind of stuffy, but was really working on trying to get better about that. I liked her.

Butsoanyway.

So I was on my sofa zoning out and trying to fall asleep after Eviljob and school but before trivia, and saw a sapphire ring and thought, "what the hell". Plus, I was having fun trying to figure out if Paul (the host) is gay. My gaydar was saying "no", but I was thinking that his eyebrows have a great shape, and he was enjoying talking about the jewellery way too much without sounding like a car salesman (not necessarily used), which is often how straight males have come off when I'm in a store buying. But on the other hand, he's left his suit coat unbuttoned, and his tie was positively threatening to steal the show away from him at times, a very hetero thing to do. Hmmm... I almost asked the operator when I called, but decided not to; I was having far too much fun guessing. Then he had to ruin my fun by mentioning that he's married to Judy, who was the host of the previous hour. I don't know, Judy...he may be a switch hitter. Watch him, or stock up on toys to keep him from getting bored. I think he's only a few margaritas away from gettin' jiggy wit it, and I'm trying to help. :-)

Butsoanyway.

I have to go to sleep now, 'cos I have to spend all tomorrow at Eviljob, then all tomorrow night with Mommy. What she'll want to do for her birthday, I don't know. Every year she's different, and she'll swear she never changes. Sigh.

And putting the dog down was awful, and I'll maybe talk about it later. Sigh.

1 comment:

Smento said...

Aaah! I just saw this! You're so sweet!!!!!

*smothersAncodiawithhugsandkisses*