Thursday, September 08, 2005

I go drag queen, save the world!

Ok, so I'm doing nothing today. Nothing involves having a microwave burrito and Diet Coke for breakfast (throwing my whole system on tilt, 'cos it isn't accustomed to eating before, oh, any time from about two p.m. on), then doing piddling little things like looking for a good recipe program, to store all of my recipes on my 'puter, and changing my desktop, and IM buddy icons, and all of that.

Oh--and deciding if the Holiday Season will start early this year; that's a pressing issue.

Butsoanyway.

I have AOL. I'm not ashamed. Well, ok, perhaps a little ashamed. But I've had it forever, plus I was offered a superty-duper deal a few years ago (probably 'cos they felt sorry for me not having moved on to a real ISP), and so I have access for around ten or eleven dollars a month; I forget which. And I've tried other ISPs (whilst keeping AOL), and wasn't *that* overwhelmed with their offerings. Some of it was cool, but not worth increasing my monthly rate by (usually more than) about ten dollars. I'm of the belief that you don't *buy* cool; you're either cool or you're not, and I declared that I was cool when I was eleven-to-twelve years old.

Eleven-to-twelve was like, a banner transition for me. I dyed my hair for the first time at a sleepover (and upon return was immediately slapped around and dragged off to the hairdresser's, but that's not the point), smoked pot for the first time, started smoking cigarettes, skipped school, ran away from home for real for the first time, got drunk, took Valium, and made out with an adult. Among other things. I was too cool for frickin' words. The kind of cool your ISP just isn't going to take away from you. So I have AOL. And the AOL Translator is, sadly, true. That's why my main screen name is blocked to everyone but people I know. :-D

And I can live with the "walled garden". They're currently changing it (I have a friend who does Betastuffs), but I don't care. Freaking minimise it if it bothers you so much; that's what I do. Plus, sometimes I like the stuff in the garden. I'm ok with being dorky at times; I've racked up enough eccentricity points being cool that I can be dorky without fear. :-) Same goes for clumsy, stupid, and moody. All of which I exercise. A lot.

Butsoanyway.

So I've changed my AOL desktop to falling leaves, and I'm looking to change my buddy icon. And I haven't changed it in *forever* 'cos I've been busy, so I'm just looking at all of the new icons. AOL has "Superbuddy" icons that are animated--people, animals, rainbows, rocks, you name it. When you say a certain word or phrase, they act it out; so if you say in IM "damn, that really stinks!", the Superbuddy will act like they're smelling something bad. It's kind of cute; the baby turtle is my favourite.

Butsoanyway.

Under "guys", they have "John". Aptly named, that. He looks...well, strangely like a john. No, really. Kind of creepy, in truth. I guess that one's for hanging out in the Britney Spears chatroom. ::shiver:: Picture a disembodied Jack Horkheimer cartoon head with orange hair and moustache, and an extra 100 pounds on him, mostly grunting and humming. It's pretty scary; all they'd need to do is make him sweat, and it would be complete. Screw Katrina finger-pointing; I think we need to find the person responsible for *this*. They might be dangerous.

And under the category "gals", they have a goth girl (I was tempted, but it's a kindergothgirl, and that's not totally Ancodia), and other girls (club girl, PMS girl...ok, I'm kidding about PMS girl). Under guys, they have a superhero.

Ok, what's up with that shit?

Where's the girl superhero? Huh? Sexist motherfuckers! I mean, it's not like I have a superpower yet, or anything, or even a cool superhero outfit,but one has to start *somewhere*, so I figured that I'd start with my buddy icon. Geez.

So I figured fine--I can have a boy Superbuddy. I'm all about equality, even if AOL isn't. Whatever. So I tested Mr Superhero out, listening to his actions, to see if they are cool.

Ummm...

Maybe I need the ear wax cleaned out of my ears, but Mr Superhero says some peculiar things. I may call for his resignation from the Justice League of America. Just as soon as I'm admitted, I mean. :-)

One of the stranger things Mr Superhero says comes on for "sleep". He says, in between snores, "I go drag queen, save the world".

Well, that's sure what it sounds like.

I guess when you have the luxury of being a guy, you can flirt with nutsy ideas in your sleep, whereas we girls have to scramble to come up with a good superpower.

Pfft.

I picked another Superbuddy. Mr Superhero is a little too freaky for me. Not that I have anything against drag queens; some of them are really hot. Though that wouldn't be a consideration with Mr Superhero. Eew.

But I'm going to have to ask one of my gay friends what in the hell he's talking about; it may be something I need to know as a superhero.

:-)

No comments: