Monday, November 03, 2008

Stereotypes; enough already.

Sigh.

I cannot wait until this election is over; if I get told by ONE MORE PERSON who I am voting for (yes, told by them), I will not be responsible for what I do.  Seriously.

For what it's worth, the assumptions go both ways -- I typically am either voting McCain because I am white/a woman, or Obama because I am affiliated with a university/clearly liberal.  Whatever the reason given, it's always an oversimplification -- no way in hell could I actually be assessing something on its own merits, it would seem; no matter what I am doing, I am 'following the herd'.

Getting really tired of it over here...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know, but it's kind of hard not to at this point - i think everyone's anxieties are way high right now.

ancodia said...

I agree...this is a more stressful election than I think I have ever experienced before. I usually am pretty good about not being fazed much, and I have promised to care less in the next twenty-four hours. Ack.

Smento said...

Word to that, sister. People say when people assume something they make an ass out of you and me. Really, they just make an ass out of themselves!

I too will be happy to have this over with.