Tuesday, February 17, 2009

[Be Just And] Fear Not


I got up EARLY this morning and took Mr Squooshable to the vet (you should know by now that I am far too neurotic to wait), and it turns out that Mr Squooshable is probably my hairball-barfer, cos he has groomed off a patch of his tummy fur that I had not noticed.  The vet said it could be fleas or nerves, so he got a shot of cortisone and a flea treatment (I let that go past-due, because I am a negligent kitty mommy and suck and all), and he is back on antibiotics for his arm, which the vet thinks he might have scratched when reaching for something, then groomed the hell out of to make the larger rough area and bald spot.  If his fur does not grow back (in other words, he keeps over-grooming), he's going on some kitty Valium for nerves for a month or two, but the vet thinks we'll try to see if this is a dermatological issue first before deciding it is a behavioural problem, and thinks that Squoosh is probably just fine, and has a flea sensitivity.  I didn't think I *had* fleas (how would they get in???), but the vet says I do, and that even one flea can make an allergic cat over-groom and be freaky, so...I will concede to the opinion of an expert and admit I have fleas.  So I gave everyone their flea treatment and now I am at work and stressed.  I feel like over-grooming.  Sheesh.

No comments: