Friday, February 06, 2009

Everything Old is New Again

Eviiljob is a fairly tech-heavy company.  I cannot actually name Eviljob; once I quit, we might be able to talk on that point, though.  ;-)  For now, just trust me that Eviljob, like Elvis, is everywhere in most, or at least many, technically-based lives.  We (allegedly) hire the best in their field, blah, blah, blah...  Which is why I always am amazed at how completely fucking young and lost many of our techboys are.  Today, I had this happen as I am in Tech Dep't Y to help draw up some new training manuals for them:

Ancodia: Chris, come over here and show me again how demo xx works.
Chris (playing a video game on his iPhone): I'm on break. No!  Oh!  Oh!  
ChrisBoss (about 50 yrs old): I can show you ::pulls up demo xx::
Chris: Oh! Oh! Oh! BWAAAAGGGGHHHH!
(this continues for several minutes)
Ancodia: Are you still on break?
Chris: Oh, man...
Ancodia: Woman.
Chris: Ohhh, man!
Ancodia & ChrisBoss: ...and WOMAN.
Chris: That was the greatest *ever*! I burned him so bad! I'm like, 'take that, whoa!'
ChrisBoss: What're you playing?
Chris: Oh, man...Light Bikes!
Ancodia: ...light bikes?
Chris:  Yeah!  It's on the iPhone, and you're in this motorcycle that makes a wall of light behind you that you can't cross, and you play against another bike, and you try to make the other bike crash into a wall of light, or the wall of the game, and...
Ancodia:  Sounds awesome -- they should make a movie about it.  ::elbowing ChrisBoss:: Maybe Disney, or something.  
ChrisBoss (jokingly): Hey, yeah! That'd be cool!
Chris: I dunno...
Ancodia: Oh, god...Tron.  You're playing Tron.
Chris: No -- Light Bikes!
Ancodia:  No, TRON -- light *cycles*, to be exact.  It's a trillion years old.
Chris:  This is new...it's on the iPhone.  See?  Light *Bikes*!
ChrisBoss: What do they say about being doomed to repeat history?
Ancodia:  This is a knock-off...what're you going to play next, Circle-Guy?  Where the little circle runs around the maze and wocka-wocka eats all the little dots?
Chris: No...I don't have that one...
Ancodia: Kill me now.
ChrisBoss: Photo Finish! (earns a winky point from me)
Ancodia:  I hear the iPhone's PointyThing 3000 is fun.
ChrisBoss: You are way too young to be making these jokes...I think.   
Ancodia: Meh...I thought *he* (at Chris) was too smart to not be *getting* these jokes, and look what that got me. 
ChrisBoss: Truth; maybe *I* should write some iPhone apps, reinvent Asteroids, or something.  Maybe iPhoneroids?
Ancodia:  Hey (in an elderly voice, to Chris)! Can your li'l gadgee there pick up The Q-Link? I hafta meet some'a me droogs in People Connection.

Chris looks confused.  ChrisBoss is in hysterics.  

Sigh.  I am the premier comedienne for the over-fifty crowd, and the unappreciated equivalent of Confuse-A-Cat for the under thirty crowd.  Yep, yep.  Credits!!!


CONFUSE-A-CAT LIMITED
INCORPORATING
AMAZE-A-VOLE LTD
STUN-A-STOAT LTD
PUZZLE-A-PUMA LTD
STARTLE-A-THOMPSON'S GAZELLE LTD
BEWILDEREBEEST INC
DISTRACT-A-BEE


No comments: