Sunday, October 25, 2009

Halloweening

...fell asleep writing this last night, but here:

I am going to bed after a Halloween party where I drank far more than
I usually do, but I was craving vodka and cranberry (and have been
ever since I had this PHENOMINAL GG Cosmo slushie...yes, slushie...the
weekend after my birthday), and there was a backyard tiki bar,
soooo... I made a bunch of...what are those called? Isn't it
something like 'salty dog'? Or close. Beach breezer? I don't know, and
am too lazy to look it up.

Butsoanyway. I am on Tamiflu, and I am pretty certain that the drug's
effects are not diminished with alcohol, so eh; I was not driving. I
am on Tamiflu cos a fucktard with whom I have the (dis)pleasure of
working had her two kids come down with Swine Flu, and was not feeling
so hot herself but was taking Tamiflu, so in the spirit of 'I got
mine, how you doing?', she came to work anyway and snorked all over
us, then sat down and actually posted her status on Facebook as 'Betty
Lou Myopia feels terrible that she had to come to work when she feels
sick and should be at home taking care of her children who have H1N1.'
Of course she left shortly after (because of several complaints and a
reminder of company policy), and -- of course -- she did not have to
come in; nothing but the need for drama and martyrdom dragged her
swine flu-infested ass in there. Then I had an appointment with my
ENT, and warned his office that I might have been snorked upon by a
selfish swine herpes carrier, but they said to come in anyway, and I
ended up with Tamiflu ('cos of Mommy's aged ass and infirmities) and
an appointment for a tonsillectomy. Yay. It will suck, but I will be
glad to not have sore throats all the time and a strep infection every
other month. I have been miserable for the past few weeks because of
just plain old tonsillitis...owwy. It feels as if I'd scrubbed my
throat with steel wool.

Needless to say, I fell asleep typing some of the above and just now
completed it. In Other News, I am helping Karen (formerly 'Pants here)
with her thesis 'cos her advisor does not do much, Harry is still an
unemployed idiot who took himself off Keppra cold turkey because he
decided it was too expensive (this is a VERY bad idea; one could end
up in status that way), Meg is going to all manner of cool stuff
without me, and has left me in charge of her bully cat, who just got
out of surgery about four hours ago to remove a wire in his leg that
was cutting into his leg muscle (the wire was there after being hit by
a car and having a shattered back end years ago), and I am having a
little difficulty moving forward in my course of study, but I shall
overcome. :->.

Well, maybe.

No comments: