Sunday, October 11, 2009

saved by shopping

i am killing myself; i could not sleep last night, and here I am, up
again to all hours of the night. today at work sucked, in short it was
one of those 'why do i even exist?' days where you feel like no one
appreciates anything you do. i left early after one email exchange
with an opposite coast ended with the suggestion that i *might* get
credit for something i spent about forty hours on all by my lonesome.
they can do this because i am not technically 'in' any department. and
this is despite the fact that i have had, generally, a good rapport
with many in that group.

so i left, and was listening to my mp3 player oh-so-illegally driving
home to hide under the covers, hug squoosh, and sleep when meg phoned
to ask me where i was. we talked, and she reminded me that our
convention centre was having the annual Wimminfolk Fukkin Rock
Showcase, which i love. so we went there, and i bought a new toe ring,
some makeup, and got tons of samples. i also ate a square of pizza i
now wish i hadn't, they could put ex-lax out of business. smarty-pants
meg knew not to eat the colon cleanse pizza. ...where is the line
between being adventurous and prudent?

butsoanyway.

i *must* get some sleep. i'll write more later as soon as i wake up or
something.

1 comment:

Scott Johnson said...

"...days where you feel like no one
appreciates anything you do."

I have those. I call them "weekdays."

Should I have the colon blow pizza? "Depends."