Thursday, May 17, 2007

Welcome to my breakdown; I hope I didn't scare you...

.


Ok...I have to make this quick, 'cos I simply must get some sleep; I am exhausted and in pain.

When I started bleeding, I tried to phone my marvellous gyn, and found out that he was closed. As in for months. My GP told me that he has cancer of the bile duct(s).

Ok, so I broke down over that one. I love my gyn.

Butsoanyway.

So I had to go hunting for a new gyn, and took many recommendations. Of those, I picked the one who would see me the soonest.

Ok, so here's the skinny:

My pain is partly due to cervical cysts/abscess things. That is ok. Since I have never had them before (as far as we know), this is probably easily fixable.

The other part of my pain and the whole of my bleeding however, Dr Gyn thinks may have another cause. I am having an ultrasound over the weekend, and a biopsy this coming Thursday. I really dread being overly-dramatic, and this is NOT a diagnosis, but Dr Gyn is looking at the possibility of endometrial cancer.

Oh, yay.


I did freak, I am nervous (I would be lying if I said that I was not), but I am not going to allow myself a full-blown freak-out until I get biopsy results. So don't panic.

DON'T PANIC: That is like, the best advice in the world. Ever. Bar none.

In Other News, Romeo is doing well and was upped to 150-whatevers of fluids 2x/wk from the 100 he was getting 'cos he is constipated. And I had to buy DSS for him...which turns out to be just plain ol' Colace. Well, the girl at the pharmacy did not know that, and Dr Vet was closed, so I had to phone my GP to ask him if he knew what DSS for constipation was. Thank god my GP keeps freaky hours and loves me...and animals. :-) So Rome is on Colace. 100mg per day, in case you ever need to get your cat of approximately ten lbs to poop and cannot get to the vet right away. It takes about 12 hours to work, and it helps if one wets the pill first to make it slimy.

And Meg is off to some tournament in New Orleans. Mom left for the weekend as well, so I am all alone. And lonely. Sigh. And drowning in work.

More later when I am not so tired and in so much pain. Promise. I have taken one Cataflam *and* 800mg of Ibuprofen, and I am still hurting. Time for Tramadol. Sigh.

P.S.: Yes, I gave Harry the money to get his god damned car back. Call me stupid.

.

No comments: