Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I haven't died...yet.

I am having an incredibly difficult time keeping up with posting, I
know. This semester, Mondays and Wednesdays are my days from Hell,
days where I have to go non-stop until damn close to midnight. Last
week (a little) and this week (way worse), my Tuesday has been spent
with, of all things, a stomach ache...now how stupid is that? But
right now, all the same, I feel as if Mike Tyson did a few hundred
punch drills on my stomach, and then I had to run twelve blocks to
make it in time to take my seat at a hot dog eating contest, and went
on to win it (I know the beginnings of a 2008 Bulwer-Lytton award is
lurking in that sentence, but that's how I feel). And I am grumpy. And
I am in one of those I-don't-want-to-leave-the-house moods, probably
because I feel so awful, but Squoosh didn't help this morning by going
off on a barfing jag, and making me worry all day at Job 2-sub-1 (he
seems fine; I phoned the vet, and they basically said that one spew is
no big deal if he is eating, drinking, and purring, which he was
before I left).

Tomorrow is the Mostly Not Me day in the tag-team workshop, and that's
good; I need a break. I really, seriously need a vacation.

Know any good elective surgeries that would have me out of commission
for a month or two? Kidding...kidding...

After trying to help with some knowledge transferring and
baton-passing at work, I left at about 4 and went home, basically to
take care of Squoosh if he needed it, but mostly cos of this stomach
thing. I then proceeded to hug Squoosh and watch TV for a few hours.
Well, Squoosh liked it. I almost just slept on the couch yet again,
but I am really trying to get out of that habit, and it is hard. I am
going to have to think of something...sigh. It's hard to get rid of
bad habits.

-- The 'I needed crampy muscles and a headache' update --

What's funny is that I just awakened (in an extremely uncomfortable
position) after having fallen asleep for a few hours (with my pda half
in my mouth...well, ok, the corner of it) after being *sooo* certain
that I wouldn't be able to sleep cos I'd moved from the family room,
and it seems I have been in an ear-to-shoulder position the whole
time. Score. Ow. I make myself miserable sometimes.

2 comments:

dennis said...

Dennis loves to nap in a closet or cupboard. Dennis thinks Ancodia should try it.

Bobby D. said...

Hi! The Tuxedo leadership are hoping you are feeling better.