Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A steal of a deal...

This is surprising – just when I had resigned myself to having to buy MS Office (for Upgrayedd) online for $150 (student version), someone tells me our on-campus bookstore has it for $99.

So then I accept that I am going to have to shell out $99, and one of my cohorts tells me about an online 'deal':  MS Office Ultimate for $60.  I completely dismiss it as being some horseshit 'take 20 surveys, apply for two credit cards, buy 72 magazine subscriptions, and we will put your name in a drawing...maybe' scam.

Well, I got bored today, and went to the site anyway.  It's for real, and it's from Microsoft.  As long as you have a .edu email address, you can get the FULL VERSION for $60.  If you want the dvd, it's an additional $12. 

Now, my thinking is, if you don't have access to a .edu email address, go find a student who does and offer to go dutch with them on this, or something.  Even buying the dvd, you are still coming out way ahead; this has more than the student version, and costs LESS. 

And it works – no tricks, no scam.  I am using it at this very moment.  Here's the URL; don't say I never gave you anything.  ;-)

http://www.theultimatesteal.com/home.asp



No comments: