Friday, August 22, 2008

I cannot tell you everything...

There is a local news story that I find so upsetting, I cannot even
describe. It's worse now that I have nothing to do but listen to the
news. This has been going on for a few months, and I honestly get
filled with such rage that I am mentally overwhelmed and
incapacitated, and it is best that I stay sedated. I am thinking of
taking up drinking heavily. This issue is in the neighbourhood of
gross misconduct, dereliction of duty, and so forth, combined with
animal and/or child abuse. I have had an undercurrent of upset for a
while...but it is significantly increased. I never got around to
putting a tv back in my room, so I have just the radio. I could do cds
or something, but there has been the threat of bad weather here, and
if I have to protect my squooshables, I don't want to miss the weather
alert, so I've been listening to a local talk radio station for most
of the day until NPR's programming comes on. I used to listen to this
station more often, but wandered away in favour of our two public
radio stations, and now I remember why -- they are beating this story
into the ground.

It's making me stir crazy.

Meg is coming to pick me up and we will be driving out to my father's
for a couple hours. I am supposed to be on bed rest, but I have to get
moving or else I will go batshit. She's bringing taro milk tea with
boba because 1) she loves me and 2) her tacos collided with my colace,
and I had to take an immodium and extra narcotics to get back to the
happily constipated state I had previously enjoyed. And it's all her
fault; I told her this.

I expect to be ok for the travel since I discovered that sitting on my
fluffy flannel Christmas throw makes cars livable.

No comments: