Monday, August 11, 2008

What's new...

Well, I have a new pet peeve: saying 'fill' in place of 'feel', as in
'I'm rilly fillin you on that one'.

And yes, 'rilly' is exempted if being used for comedic purposes. ;-) Rilly.

I am planning -- or, more correctly, *trying* to plan -- to have a
really good 2008 Holiday Season. I am planning on doing some
completely non-productive things, and I am totally committed to making
a birthday cake for myself this year. w00t!

In other news, my back is just *killing* me, and I think it's stress.
I have a LOT to get done this week, not the least of which is
remembering to take the nail polish off my toes and not wear my toe
ring. Sigh.

Right now, Action Jackson is coming on, and I may stay up to watch it
-- I haven't seen it in *ever*, and it makes me homesick. :-) Hey, I
kinda liked the movie -- it was cute, funny, and I'm all for redeeming
heroin addicts. Plus, any movie that kills Sharon Stone cannot be all
bad. :-D

Oh! And! I have MALL HAIR! No, seriously; after going to The Goddess
ever since I moved here, I slutted around a bit and then just found
this AWESOME stylist at an anchor store salon who is a third of the
Goddess' price, and on Saturday she gave me the best haircut I've had
in ages. I let her take a lot of length (fear not; it's still long),
and she made these 'functional layers' (her term) that don't *look*
like layers, but totally gave me my curl back. I couldn't be happier,
and if I do die on Monday, at least my hair will look great. :-).

I ended up today having to deal with one of the people I'd had to file
a complaint about at Eviljob, and it went well -- I'd been dreading a
confrontation, and it was a relief to have them behave in a civil
manner, especially since this person was documentably in the wrong. So
that's good.

Mom took it upon herself to make dinner for me; she brought over some
really nice salmon croquettes and other stuff, and it was actually
pretty good (which makes me wonder if they were from elsewhere, cos I
would have expected ol' Mummers to do something like try to 'break up
the taste' of the salmon by adding lemon juice, walnuts, thousand
island dressing...and marshmallows, served on a bed of pineapple. With
sausage gravy). But, seriously, these were good. :-) I think she knows
I'm nervous and stuff.

2 comments:

Bob Dylan said...

salmon with walnuts and marshmallows! count me in! would love your mom's cooking.

ancodia said...

lol! I will sell her to you so SOOOOO cheap...