Monday, October 06, 2008

ceiling cat, you're not funny.


My mommy is being kept another day so that she can get blood, iron, and have some GI scope that she didn't get the other day.  Bwaah.  

In Other News, I'm caring for my mother's cats (naturally), and one of them (Arby) popped up this morning with what I thought was a broken paw, but it turns out is only a sprained paw (how?!?!?).  So I had to beg Meg to run over here and get her to the vet's on her way to teach, I picked the cat up, and she's on steroids now.  I have never, *ever* known of a sprained-pawed cat, so I have no idea if this is normal or not.  I don't know what else I can do though, cos with my schedule I'm going to be killing myself to dose her appropriately as it is -- it's all tricky; there's a quarter of a pill two times per day for three days, then once a day for three days, then once every other day for six days, or somesuch.  

Of course, I cannot tell Mom anything about this; it would upset her too much.  

The vet didn't say anything about restricting her movement, so I haven't.  I guess if the swelling doesn't go down soon, I'll know that was a bad choice and take her back on Wednesday.  

How in the hell does a cat sprain their paw?  Hmmm?

No comments: