Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Can you believe?


Still going.  I am *such* a fuck-up when it comes to estimating time to completion sometimes. 

Ok, now the good news is that when I am done, this will be a Major Career Accomplishment.  The Even Better News is that this is *actually* due on Monday.  I will be done by Thursday mid-afternoon at the latest. 

The Bestest News is that Rhett Butler is simply loving the fact that his beloved Mom (this would be me) is camped out for so long right beside him; she usually comes and goes FAR too much for his liking.  I bought a mid-sized dog crate (or it may be a small; wtf do I know about dogs?) for Rhett's cage rest.  I found it basically on clearance at a local flea market-type thing, and it is at PetsMart for I think around $100; I got it for $45.  It looks like a big cat carrier, but it does not have a handle on top.  It does assemble and disassemble really easily though, so it will be good to have on hand in case anyone needs to cage rest in the future, or if I go travelling with felines, or when I eventually move, or when I eventually pick up a male companion.

Ok, I am just kidding about that last one; the cage is way too small.  Though I can climb halfway in it, and gosh, doesn't Rhett Butler love it when I do that? 

Speaking of moving and getting A Life, I am about to begin my LAST SEMESTER OF CLASSES, Chirrin!  And of those, I only need one for my degree.  ONE.  Then I need a one-credit seminar, and one remaining class for one of the three certifications I have picked up along the way, but those are no real issue.  I am *thisclose* to being...::drumroll::...ABD/C.Phil. (as you wish).  By this time next year, I will be whining about how tired I am of my dissertation topic, and how ready to murder my advisor I am becoming.  :-)  By next Christmas, I would really like to be the fuck out of Dodge, though I doubt that will happen so quickly.  I actually have to enrol in my final nine credits (I do procrastinate, I confess), but it is not as if any of them are going to fill; that is one fabulous thing about checking in on the 7k level; time-wise for this shite, I am golden...though I frustrate the living fuck out of our program director's admin (she loves me, though!); I break year if I *don't* enrol, which means different requirements (only one real thing has changed in the past four years, and it is not very important), plus I may have to get all my exceptions and exemptions re-excepted and -exempted.  So she has been emailing me multiple times per week for the past few weeks, reminding me to fucking enrol for Fall semester. 

I will...I will...once I finish this crap. 

...and I am really ticked off now; I was all jazzed up to watch Forbidden Zone for like, the second time in my life, and I come to find out that it is on one of the movie channels to which I do not subscribe...because I find there to be something unsettling about paying a million billion dollars to the fucking cable company for shit that I do not have the time to watch because I am out working to afford the ghastly bill from the cable company.  No, really; going from what I have to the big movie package thing is a difference of like $50 or so, if I am remembering correctly, and as infrequently as I get to sit like this, there is no way I can justify spending that much for crap that I will never watch.  Except for Forbidden Zone.  Grr.

Bastards.  They did this intentionally. 

Butsoanyway.

As I was saying, I got this nice cage for Rhett, and I moved one of the end tables by my sofa, and I am using Rhett's cage as an end table.  Rhett loves it, 'cos I end up being right next to him.  :-)  He is such a needy little kitty.  And he looks *just* like the blue kitten on the yellow bags of Purina Kitten Chow, or he did when he was younger; he is bigger now, but he has the same markings and everything. 

My mood is clearing; there are lights appearing in at least three of my tunnels.  :-)  Tonight I actually even made dinner for myself -- Chinese potstickers -- and they were pretty good!  Yay!  I *wanted* to call for a ginormous calzone, but I figured that with sitting on my ass for the past week, the last thing on Earth I need is ricotta cheese. 

Ok...back to work, and once I am done, I have a lot of catching up to do as far as chronicling everything that has been going on for the past...what?  Three months?  Four? 

Gee- yahd...

.

No comments: