Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Squoosh of July!

I have today off, yet my plate is full. Auk!

Today I have to write a script--basically directions--for the channelling Rin Tin Tin thing; I've put it off all weekend, and it's supposed to be in tomorrow. And I've got to write something impressive for the other thing I'm working on--that one I've been dragging my feet on for a week. Pffft.

Then I want to get around to taking pictures of Squoosh, then I want to get ready to go do the group fireworks thing. I hope like hell they're amenable to food, since I'll not have had the time to eat until then. Double plus pffft. I know I could do something about it right now, but that involves stopping what I'm doing. Or maybe I can pour a glass of soymilk while all six thousand .pdfs I've requested by interlibrary loan are downloading. Yeah...that sounds like a plan. Why it takes a gazillion years to log on remotely to an allegedly state-of-the-art system at my university, I'll never know--but at least I'm halfway logged on now. Woo-hoo! And I should be grateful that I don't have to telnet anymore, like we did a few years ago; that logged on faster, but was fraught with more problems than I could even begin to address in this little box, and I avoided using it whenever possible.

And I'm glad to put the spooky poultrygoose behind me! Eek. This Blogger poultrygoose should have waited until Halloween, when it was more appropriate; I'm obviously being haunted by a poultrygoose (or poultrygeese!) with no sense of timing, or poultrygoose panache.

No comments: