Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Frickin’ Jumanji, Baby!

Today was pretty cool, work-wise. In Lawn News, I DONE GOT MOWED!

Woo-hoo!

And they cut back (a lot!) a tree in back that I had been afraid to cut back, but it looks great, and I think now that everyone’s right; it’s too close to the cement, and I would be better off getting rid of it. They’re going to hate me next week (‘cos I already told them no), but I think it’s a goner tree; I am thinking of new and creative things that I could be doing with that whole area. It was depressing to have to bid good-bye to Marshall, Will, and Holly, as well as Van Pelt, Cap’n Halfnut, the ROUSs, Father Excess, and the billions of bugs, spiders, tse tse flies, and whatnot. It was terribly simple to say good-bye to the god damned dinosaurs; they were noisy as hell.

Butsoanyway.

I have my summer project all set up, and thank god it’s not much. For once. I can spend some time focussing on *other* things I have to accomplish, like my career. Oh, yay. In reality, I am dreading this; getting Mehitabel will be easier. It’s not that I am at this huge handicap—it’s all the fucking paperwork. I hate paperwork. Well, pointless paperwork. Plus I’m scared. :-) Well, at least I’m honest; I should get points for honesty. And, in my mind, in-between the paperwork, the personal spiffing-up, and the mental spiffing-up, there is an awful lot of work ahead. Sigh.

And I'm bidding on something that I simply HAVE to win. HAVE to. So I have my fingers crossed. If I win it, I will use it for Good, not Evil. I promise, Mr Auction God. :-)

Yay.

.

2 comments:

Smento said...

I do hope you get it, whatever it is. I've only done the online bidding thing once, for a GI Joe personnel carrier thingy, but winning that certainly did make me happy. So ... good luck! And after you win, I hope you'll tell us what you won, for I am now terribly curious.

Also, congrats on have a not-so-scary lawn. And on having a non-craptastic summer project. Yay for Ancodia!

ancodia said...

Thank you! :-) I am afraid to say anything to jinx winning it, 'cos it's harder to find than the Razor and Tie reissue of Haysi Fantayzee's Battle Hymns For Children Singing (and that one was a *major* bitch), but if I win it, I'm sharing. :-)