Sunday, December 03, 2006

ah-CHOO!


Crap, am I sick.  I have hoof-and-mouth disease.

Ok, well...it may not be hoof-and-mouth, but it *is* a dreadful case of picornavirus.

Sigh...FINE.  It's just a garden-variety upper respiratory tract infection.  Sheesh.

Although it may be complicated by something really dreadful, like leprosy.  Or it could be a coronavirus--I *could* have SARS.

Or something.

And I feel like shit.

At this point in my life, I have like 50 rhinovirii down, and that leaves about 60 to go. 

And then I shall be well.  w00t.

Like I really need this right now.  Pfft.  I had a holiday party on Friday, and I think I may have infected everyone there.  My bad.  But I had a good time, and it went well, and some of us went pre-party to a new Vietnamese restaurant and that was really nice, too--I had a really nice crispy egg noodle and shrimp dish, and their noodle soup was very good.  Sigh.  I am going to feel terrible if I did infect everyone, but I honestly didn't know that I was sick.  Augh!

I *have* to quit putting stuff in my mouth, I know...I know.  In the past two years, I have contracted more rampaging diseases than I have ever had in the past; it has to be this stress and lack of sleep thing.  I was worse yesterday, and even though I called in sick to Eviljob, I still had some stuff for my classes to get out, as well as some crap to grade (at this point in my life, I REALLY HATE Google.  I hate Google, I hate people who 'google' things, I hate Google Scholar, and I REALLY REALLY HATE people who google things on Google Scholar and don't farking read anything but the abstract.  This shit really pisses me off.  And I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE people who write papers which have only web pages as references.), so it is not like I got any rest.  I am *supposed* to be working on yet another project (that is due Monday), but I am taking a break to type this, and then I need to go up to Eviljob to feed the kitties. 

On Friday night, I had a horrible dream that took place at our local science museum (I am so out of it that I actually just typed the name...sigh), where I had to keep catching Rhett and Cookie in the aquarium tanks in back by diving off a high platform the went upstairs to the restaurant and aiming myself to land in the tank (the tanks were all sectioned off at weird angles) they had jumped into and getting them back up on the platform before they drowned or took sick from the water.  This all happened in a 'backstage' area, and they were piping in music from The Dead 60s, so my dream had like, a soundtrack.  And at one point, Cookie figured out that water was wet (she's a smart Cookie!), so she jumped into an empty section of the tanks, and I dived right into it anyway, not noticing that there was no water in there because I was upset.  That really hurt.

Well, in my dream it hurt.

It is times like this that I really wish I had someone who could help me with the Eviljob cats, 'cos I really feel like shit and have too much to do, and don't *want* to go all the way over there.  Sigh.  But I was so busy and so bad yesterday that I missed, and I felt absolutely horrible about that all night, to the point that I almost left at midnight to go, but I ended up getting into an email debate about this project (group work...ugh!) that is due on Monday, and figured that I would just put out extra today, trusting that I would feel better...which frankly, I don't.  And I would ask Meg to do it, but this weekend she is off to visit her friends (no poker--go figure); she is doing the Meg World Tour 2006 last weekend, this weekend, and next weekend (her 'weekend' runs from Thursday--Wed. night in some cases--to Sunday night or Monday if she can get someone to cover her Monday evening classes.  Must be nice.), to around six or so friends from High School, college, whatever who live away from her now and she has wanted to see.  I think she is just trying to get away from me.  Hmmph.

But I did discover yogurt burst Cheerios, and they are pretty good.  :-)  And I don't even really like cereal; I am really cereal-selective (that was a joke).

Oh!  And!  As if everything weren't already crappy enough, of course I got my period on Friday, too.  So I am like, dying, and I have so much to do this coming week that I really at this point want to just plath the bejeezus out of myself. 

BWAAH!

Ok--I am leaving now.  I think I am going to stop and get sushi on my way back from the kitties; might as well add botulism to my ever-growing list of diseases.  :-) 

Yes, I am grumpy; I don't feel well.  Hold me.


.

No comments: