Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I am not going to say...

...that things could suck worse, cos if i say that, then everything
will go wrong. Or worse wrong, that is. Christmas wasn't bad; Meg
stopped off to see our brother and his family, and came home with some
rare tropical disease that she caught from my three-year-old nephew,
so she's snot-filled and grumpy. She and i went out looking at
Christmas lights in this crappy weather, and it wasn't that great;
everyone's being a grinch this year. Meg was delayed in leaving out
again, so she'll be playing trivia with me tonight, and that alone is
a really cool present to me. Not that i want her to miss out on poker,
or anything.

Ok, now for the bad news...

Harry my outdoor cat had a respiratory infection, so i took him to the
only vet open on Christmas Eve (besides Dr Superhero, cos it is always
PACKED in there on holidays). So he's on Clavamox and some ear drops.
He's ok except for testing positive for feline leukemia. Sigh. So i am
having to figure out what to do there. That vet only did the Snap
test for FeLV (and FIV, but he was negative), and that tests for
antigens--not the virus itself. Plus, a significant number of cats
test positive and never become ill, and even test negative later. So
i'm just getting him over the immediate infection, and then I'll see
what happens. And keep Harry away from my other cats, and get them
vaccinated against FeLV.

As always, my situation is hopeless, but not serious.

No comments: