Monday, December 04, 2006

I *told* you I was sick.



Okay, so I broke down today and went back to my doctor. As a result, I am *back* on antibiotics, but now we have added steroids, an albuterol inhaler, and codeine cough syrup. We're holding off on anything else until my check-up to see if Less is Better and my immune system will kick the butt of everything else once the bacterial infection is reduced or eliminated. I have managed to pick up BOTH a viral and bacterial infection (including a middle ear infection that I have had since the last time about a month ago...yes, I will be better about going to check-ups), my nose and ears are totally clogged (it sounds like I have a panzer division marching in my ears), I only stop sneezing when I start coughing (and vice versa), and I have a sinus headache that would down a rhino.

That was an attempt at humour.

Meg says I caught it 'cos I let Squooshable (cutest bunny-butt in the world) and Rhett Butler (most co-dependent cat on Earth) kiss me around my mouth. To which I reply that (1) no, I didn't, (2) I didn't teach them to do that, they were born doing it, and (3) it might hurt their feelings if I stopped them at this point. And then Meg said that I obviously caught the ear infection from Squooshable, and so I hung up on her. :-) One can't just go saying mean things about other people's squooshables, you know? And as I am sitting in my doctor's waiting room dying, Harry phoned to tell me that he was at Ye Olde Computer Shoppe 'cos his C drive bit the dust (although Harry has two other drives), and would I 'lend' (those are ironic quotes, chirrin) him the money to fix it.

Sigh.

Harry just finished typing a bunch of stuff for my mother (Mummers has a project; she is writing a book, and asked me to type up some text and tables, and I in turn dumped it on Harry 'cos he has more free time, follows directions well, and needs the money...which I am paying him; Mom--of course--does't pay me). So I said that I would pay for the repairs, then I got talked into it being on *top* of what I had promised to pay him for the work. Sigh. Fine.

And a little while ago, someone emailed me to ask if I take care of the parking lot cats every day, so let me mention here that I did feed them on the way to the doctor, and they are fine. :-) I feed them practially every day (I miss maybe one or two days a month at the most), I put down large piles when I do (that should hold them at least 24 hours), and there are, as much as it is distressing to think about, birds, squirrels, and other things in the woods right beside Eviljob (I mean literally within one minute's walking distance, we have The Forest Primaeval--it borders our parking lot all around three sides almost), plus lizards and crickets in the parking lot itself (plus the birds and squirrels that hang out in the parking lot). So they definitely don't starve. But I just wanted to mention since I am thinking about it that if I don't mention it, I did do it.

I have two more things to accomplish (one of which is urgent), and equipment set-up all this week (we {Job 2} just bought some new cool-ass sensing equipment), so I don't know where I am going to find the time to do the urgent thing. Bwaah! Add to that the fact that I am EXHAUSTED, and, well...this is going to be a fun week. And I will be up late tonight working, and have to get up at five a.m.. Yay.

.

1 comment:

Blog Boy said...

Hey Do not take so much stress!!
Get well soon!!!