Sunday, June 22, 2008

St. Meg of Elsewhere

Meg just hung up on me cos I was snoring (she says). She's in Vegas,
and missed out in participating in her (if memory serves) $1500 NL
satellite whatnot cos she was being traumatised by issues with the
condo she'd rented for the time she's there. She went with renting and
not buying, and is now fit to be tied. The rental place was (despite
being located in a pretty nice area) infested with grossness,
including...

please don't barf

Bed bugs. Yes, *bed bugs*. As it turned out, the property owner never
sprayed before. And couldn't refund Meg's money (after over a week of
Meg trying to work with her) cos she's spent it. So Meg agreed to
Property Owner's offer to put her up 'elsewhere' until a different
condo opens up.

Turns out, one should ALWAYS seek clarification of where 'elsewhere'
is. In this case, it is an 'extended stay' place. Meg said she did not
know where the PO was booking until it was a done deal. There are a
few of these places in LV, and Meg said the one on Tropicana is a shit
hole; the one she's in (per her) is not Tropicana-bad, but it's icky.
So I stayed on the phone with her as she unloaded her stuff and got in
the room, and since she's feeling crappy, I let her fall asleep with
her cell charging & on speakerphone, so I could make sure no one
burgled my sister. Then she hung up on me cos I was snoring, according
to her text.

There is nothing she can do about this (without further outlay of
money) until Monday; she wants to try again with PO, to tell them the
temp place is unacceptable, where I want her to find an attorney.
Seriously. She was so upset tonight that she was crying, and Meg NEVER
cries. But getting screwed out of several thousand (not to mention
being completely squicked-out, plus missing play time) and stuffed in
a fleabag'll do that to you, I guess.

I hate not being able to do anything. :-/

In Other News, my finances are sucking...I will have to explain all
about my job upheaval(s) in a bit...right now, I am tired. And I went
to another APL event, and this time brought Harry, who seemed to like
it, but was pulled over whilst leaving and given a ticket for being an
idiot. Well, that should be a ticketable offence.

butsoanyway.

If my money weren't so crippled, I'd have loved to have joined Meg for
at least a bit, and especially now, when I could at least make sure
she's ok. Or at least do all the running around shite *for* her, and
free her up to go do her pokerstuffs.

ok...i am going to try to go back to sleep now. :-/

No comments: