Sunday, December 21, 2008

Diagnosis: Stoopid.

Mummers is out of the hospital, and we have an actual, real,
official diagnosis.

Yes, other than she is a clumsy old lady, the favoured dx of Yolanda, the
Bitch Idiot Hospitalist, who had her prescription for a walker forwarded on
to The Powers That Be after we got mom out of there. There is no joy in
Mudville right now, I assure you.

She went into some seizure from diabetic ketoacidosis, and then went into
cardiac arrest because of the strain on her heart from the ventricle
problem, the low K, high WBC, and so on.

This all occurred when my mommy decided to TAKE HERSELF OFF HER
DIABETES MEDS two months ago. Why? Because she does not have diabetes,
of course; her life was *so* much easier without worrying about the
diabetes she didn't have.

Sigh. Just shoot me.

I am better. Mom is on Lantis (I think that's the name) for the time
being, and I am nursing a week-long migraine and twitching asshole.
Bwaah.

Now I just have to get my holiday ass in gear...happy Channukah!

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

i like your blog......

ancodia said...

ty! I like FTP too...and the Klezmatics. They're on riiight now. :-) I'm so happy.