Friday, March 03, 2006

I do! I do!

Strewth...I do complicate things for fun, don't I?

Wow, has that criticism stuck with me. :-) I was also told that by an instructor once; they actually said, "you make things too complicated!", but the point is the same. I think I do.

I am trying to finish off the lastliest thing I have to do before I spend a week ducking out on things to avoid getting sucked up into anything involved before I have to leave. Yay, ducking. And as I am trying to think this whole complex path out for MMM (b-cos don't you know, MMM's critical that way, and would pick it apart in ten seconds flat), another thought occurs to me. Well, actually two, but the second one is of lesser importance. Well, to everyone but me; it just illustrates how stupid I am, and how complicated I make things for myself sometimes...

Good god--there it is again!

The second thing is that if I had not somehow locked in my brain that Personal Effects was from CA (when, or based upon what, I decided this is lost in the depths of my brain for all Eternity) and had thought for twenty seconds about when I first heard them, I would have had more of a clue in tracking them--and that damn song--down, because the person who introduced me to that song was from Rochester area.

Uhhh, DUH. Just goes to show how important *s*o*u*r*c*e* memories are, and how stupid I am. Illuminates both at once pretty well, I must admit.

Butsoanyway.

First thing is that I am starved for a good mystery. I really and truly am. I am doing quite a bit of thinking these days (that's what that smell is!), but it isn't the type I am most fond of (but least good *at*), the solving problems kind of mysteries.

I am most fond of them because I usually get them right; I am least good at them because it can take me several months--or longer--to do so. I work by letting things bake, and one day the Easybake Oven that is my brain goes, 'DING!', the 5-watt lightbulb shuts off, and I have An Answer.

And yes, they usually don't taste as good as store-bought answers. Bite me.

Butsoanyway.

Now, I don't get every single one--not by far. There are some that have been percolating in my brain for YEARS, some so long that I have forgotten them. Others solve themselves, which is always helpful of them. Others I do not even realise I am percolating until much, much later.

I am just slow like that.

Sigh.

In Other News, I have my car back, and it has been de-hooptied; my brother has taken to text-messaging insults to me because he is trying to learn how to type quickly on a telephone keypad (happy to help, Dorkface); and I am not as sick as I thought I was going to be. Oh--and I have declared myself to be the authoress (authoratrix?) of the Funniest Joke in the Known Universe based upon the fact that I have now told my fabulous joke (heretofore known as FJITKU) three times and it was completely unappreciated. And not laughed at. This is the makings of the FJITKU nomination because the people I have told it to thus far are clearly incapable of appreciating True Brilliance and Subtle Wit in Humour, thereby making my joke's contribution to True Brilliance and Subtle Wit in Humour all the more obvious and stellar.

And it occurs to me now that if I were to put one-tenth of the effort into this terminal paragraph I have yet to do as I have thinking and dicking around tonight, I would be already done.

Argh.

1 comment:

Smento said...

Ahem. What is the FJITKU? I'm in dire need of a good laugh.