Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Revenge of the Toilet Gods II: Electric Boogaloo


Ok, that was fun.  

I now have a new toilet installed, and will have the other ones done when I get back.  Yay.  And most everything is put back to normal.  Yesterday I did my required stint, and then headed off to pick out a new commode.  

As if they didn’t all look the same, or something.  

Harry insisted that I go with him (despite my blow-up that morning when I handed him a  credit card and told him that I didn’t give a damn what he did, as long as he made all the mess go away by nightfall), and he wanted me to get one type, but I didn’t like it because the tank was not high or long enough (all three of my cats like to perch there sometimes, and I didn’t want one possibly hurting itself by thinking a tank was there when it wasn’t), and the whole thing was in one piece besides, which I thought would be unwieldy to manoeuvre.  The one I did get is cute, small (but with a high tank), and…  

Forget it; I couldn’t describe it to save my soul.  It’s a damn *toilet*, fer chrissake; they all look alike in my book.  :-)  My Official Description is that it doesn’t look like the ones I didn’t like, and almost looks kind of like an old-fashioned one where the tank was raised…except in the manner in which it doesn’t look like that.  And it is white.  And it has FlushMaster parts, not American Standard, which is important for reasons that Harry knows and I couldn’t care less about.  

And I think that I am going to sneak back to Home Depot and get a neat light that I saw there.  It would look cool in the foyer.

Butsoanyway.  

When I was debating this with Harry, I took some pictures of Squoosh on my phone—Squoosh was taking cover in the bathtub, where he could safely keep an eye on the Toilet Tank Gods.  He is so damn cute!!  I got some really good pictures, though I forgot to get one of The Pose—where you can only see the SquooshEyes, top of the head, and ears as he looks cautiously at the toilet tank.  

When I cleaned out the bathroom (I stripped everything out in case even *more* water went flying), I discovered something—cats seem to LOVE Kiss My Face’s olive oil soap.  All three of my cats were taking turns rubbing their faces on it, which is notable because all three of them have *never* liked the same thing *ever*.  I usually keep it in the closet, waiting to be used, or in the bath stall up high after it has been opened.  (  I guess I will have to keep it up very high.  

When we came back with all of this crap, Harry’s friend was already here so I had to race to put the cats up, because Weebie and Squoosh are terrified of strangers, especially men; they really freak out.  The actual installation did not take that long, but all the prepping and removal and cleaning and everything did take a while.  Then they farking coated my bathroom from stem to stern in PolySeamSeal, so I had to keep the cats locked up and put out a fan to dry it and dry any remaining moisture.  Harry’d gone at my carpet and stuff already, and right now it looks 99 44/100 dry and back to normal.  Yay.  Well, ‘yay’ except for the part where Mummers showed up to see what was going on and promptly fussed at me for not calling the homeowners’ insurance.  In all honesty, I hadn’t thought to.  It didn’t even occur to me until she started fussing, but by that time, they were halfway through, so why bother?  I have never called homeowners’ myself for anything before, and Mom was in too much of a lather when she left for me to get an answer out of her as to whether I should bother to call now, or not.  I don’t know what purpose it would serve at this point; everything seems to be fixed, and I think Harry and Friend did as good a job as a professional would have.  Nothing is messy (I think it looks great), nothing is lopsided, or anything…Harry *did* manage a hardware store for ten years, and his friend said that he installed toilets a bunch of times before, so I have to believe that they both know what they were doing.  Plus they said that they could install a different bathtub for me if I decide to, and Harry is coming back to put on a second coat of some waterproofing somesuch, and is checking the hall carpet to see if it is wrecked.  If it is, I am thinking about not re-carpeting, and instead putting something else in, but I will deal with that later.  If the carpet is fine, then I am not going to worry about it for a while.  There is just too much else going on.  

And I have stuff to finish before I can leave with a clear conscience, but I *did* find someone to feed Mehitabel!  It’s Brenda The Cat Whisperer, whom I am meeting at Eviljob, so that she can see Mehitabel and determine how preggers she is.  Brenda said that if Mehitabel is really about to pop, trying to catch her right now might be a bad idea—Mehitabel might start to feel threatened, and leave Eviljob’s parking lot in favour of the nearby woods, or might hurt the kittens.  So we will see, but at least I have someone to feed her!  And the other cats—that is important to me too, but Mehitabel I worry after the most because (1) she is pregnant; (2) she is Squooshable’s mom.  

And maybe Brenda The Cat Whisperer will succeed where I have failed; maybe she will be able to catch Mehitabel.  I can only hope.  

Okay; now I have to get back to work.  Pfft.  At least I know where I can find Squooshable for the time being; he is keeping a close eye on the toilet tank.  

.

No comments: