Monday, January 22, 2007

Cookie Update!

Cookie is still not eating. :-\ I stopped off at PetsMart to get more Squoosh Chow, and picked up some feline vitamin paste crap that (allegedly) tastes like tuna, so when Cookie wouldn't eat the i/d (I gave her almost an hour), I put some of the paste on her paw, and she did lick that off. She also took her quarter-of-a-Tagamet, and drank water.

Sigh. I hope she is better tomorrow.

As per Dr Vet's instructions, I put food and water back down for her (and Rhett). She's still active, eyes bright and clear, purring, responsive...she just doesn't want to eat. Maybe Dr Vet is right, and the lobster I fed her on Friday was what did it (I brought some back for everyone)? Or had some Cookie-hating bacteria or viruses on it? But Rhett, Squoosh, Weebie, and Romeo ate some too, and they are all fine. So I don't know. I just hope she is better tomorrow.

And the disease Dr Vet tested for is panleukopenia (and I have probably misspelt it something horrible; I will check later and fix it), which is distemper, and which Cookie has already been vaccinated for in her FVRCP vaccines, or however that acronym goes.

Butsoanyway.

I am on the fence as to whether or not I like Monday's late class because the prof is an unrepentant holist. It gets fairly frustrating at times, 'cos, well, there *are* other opinions out there.

Just pointing that out.

This may end up being another BOOP semester in this respect. Augh.

.

No comments: