Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Reasons to Live, Part I:


I am happy.  Er.  :-)

First, in Gmail I was just greeted with this banner:

Quote of the Day - Martin Heidegger -
"The possible ranks higher than the actual."


And then, a quote found by the Lovely and Talented Ms Grammarian :

For six months, the calendar had been heading straight away from the 2006 Christmas holiday. Now it's finally turned the corner and is moving toward this year's busiest shopping period.

Oh, yes.  The Holiday Season approacheth.

And there was much rejoicing.

Yay.

Karol is gone -- *gone*.  His stuff was out of my office when I returned from my afternoon meeting, and this ISO 9000 schtuff he was trying to foist upon us (sorry, no matter how much you may love it, it is *not* an option at this point in time for many facets) was in the waste can.  Whether that was a parting statement or not, I fail to care; Kate told me about another email in which he basically called her a liar for saying she had a boyfriend (or male companion, whatever), which is just so fucking bizarre that I do not even know where to start.

And Arby, my mother's cat, seems to have some infection; she had blood and white blood cells in her urine.  I told Mummers that I thought Arby did not look well on...what was it?  Sunday?  Then last night she peed in Mom's foyer and sat right next to the puddle, to make sure Mummers saw it.  Mom cleaned that up and fussed at Arby (Mummers fussing at Arby over anything consists of wagging a finger in her face, and trying to 'reason' with her not unlike a Python Pepperpot by saying, 'Now, no, no, no! We don't do that!'), then Arby spewed on her sofa this morning.  Mom phoned me (as I am at work, of course; everyone I work with must think I am batshit at this point), and I told Mom that Arby had looked a tich dehydrated to me on Sunday, and I thought she was behaving weirdly then (yes, I mentioned all of this to Mom, and she said she disagreed), so were it me, I would take Arby to the vet *stat*.  So she did, and now Arby has a loading dose, 100cc bolus, and some take-home Baytril, and should have some huge blood work back in forty-eight hours because Mummers' vet wants to get a complete profile and rule out cancer and other deeper problems the in-house blood profile does not screen for.  Her Dr Vet said he was surprised she had the bladder infection, though; she is not appearing terribly sick right now.  I think that is all it is.

Anyway, I have to get some sleep; I decided to stay up late to watch 300...for free.  Online.  No idea how they are doing it, but if you have not seen the site, check it out:  Free Movies.  And I would REALLY STRONGLY suggest checking out their movies, 'cos some of them I doubt will be available for long.  I am currently deciding whether I want to watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force or Night At The Museum next.  I am dying to see ATHF, but I never get to go to the movies, and I felt wholly gypped one of the last times I had to travel for business, 'cos I missed Night At The Museum in-flight by ONE FARKING DAY.  ONE. 

Bastards.

Maybe I will just fuck off tomorrow and watch both. 

One of the guys I work with told me about that site as well as Pandora, which is a pretty cool idea.  It does make for a good chunk of decisionless listening, at least.  :-) 


.

1 comment:

Blog Boy said...

Hey thanks for sharing both the links