Tuesday, July 10, 2007

As good as it gets.

Dr Vet had told me that there was not a whole lot that could be done
to give Romeo a good week, that something like a cortisone shot might
do more harm than good; cortisone might send him right into full-blown
kidney shut down. So i took him for water like normal, and yesterday
morning he had vomited again, and he is still not eating, even with
the cyproheptadine. So this morning i took him for water, and asked
the tech to add in a shot of tagamet and Valium. When they brought
Romeo back out, he was already snarfing some AD they had put in the
carrier. He feels better. He came home and ate even more, and i had to
go to work. Tonight i was afraid i would not have time, so i had Meg
buy a lobster tail on her way over here from work, and i am going to
go prepare it now. Tomorrow morning, i am going to take him in to be
put down. Romeo is my son and my best friend; my heart is breaking, so
much that i cannot even begin to describe my misery, but keeping him
from feeling any worse than he already feels is the best that i can do
with what i have been handed. I hope. God, i am going to miss him
so much; in my world, this is a life-changing event, a total
devastation. But this is about him, not me.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I had to have my beloved kitty Tito put down four years ago due to liver failure. It was awful. For two weeks the vet tried to save him and I took in every treat I could think of that might get him eating, to no avail. I finally had him put down because he was so clearly miserable. So I know how much sick kitties and decisions about them sucks.