Monday, July 16, 2007

Family Invasion

...hang in there.  Rome lives, Squoosh seems to have gotten a scratched cornea (he does not seem bothered by it in the least, I just noticed it tonight when the light hit his eye), everyone else is ok.  I will get Squoosh to the vet tomorrow, I think.  If not, then Tuesday.  I promise, he seems to be not bothered in the slightest by it, and he looks perfectly normal.

Harry fell and smacked the crap out of his tailbone, but said that he is going to wait to get looked at until Tuesday.  I have given up on trying to reason with him.

My brother and family are here, and he is driving me nuts.  He is like a 6' 5" version of my father sometimes, and, well...grr.   Today he became pouty over his wife having turned his cell phone to 'speaker phone' -- where all of one's conversations are put on speaker, whether one wants them there or not.  He and I (and Meg, who was there as well) do not have the same service providers, and even though Meg has a V3 too, the menus were totally different, so she had no idea how to turn it back, and neither did my brother's wife. 

Sigh.  I am going to have to come up with names for them all.

But today my four year-old niece decided halfway through the day that I am one of her favourite people.  Do not ask me why; it was around the time that I was debating if what I have left in savings would cover my moving away before Monday morning to upstate Michigan or Minnesota, buying a small place with no phone, and just living off the land.  I think that I would plant a lot of fig trees.  I like figs.  My cats might like figs; one never knows. 

Sometimes my brother can make one consider things like this. 

Butsoanyway.

I got in not that long ago, and I am half-dead.  I have to get some sleep so that I can go work until nine or ten tomorrow night.  Ugh.  g'night. 

:-*

.

No comments: