Tuesday, October 16, 2007

...and then depression set in

Well, i moved some crap out of my office, but no one noticed. I went on Sunday and grabbed some stuff, even though we aren't really supposed to be there when the building is designated empty; it is a dumb security thing. Anyway, so i fired up my desktop for No Real Reason, and then somehow managed to corrupt the registry. Of the practically brand-new, barely-used (remember that I have been downstairs for a majority of the time since it was installed), company-leased Dell. Sigh.

Of course, at the time i didn't know what i had done; some update downloaded as i was pfutzing around, and when i rebooted, i was greeted by bsod telling me that The Hive had eaten my sys32.dll and was coming after me next.

Or whatnot.

We can play around with a lot of things there, but now i had to worry about this potentially looking bad. Sheesh. I mean, it could look like i was being malicious, you know? So I had to back off the moving out crap; I was going for that Totally Gone look, but now I do not think I can. Phoo.

Always something. I swear.

.

No comments: