Thursday, October 04, 2007

I am not a number, I am a free man!

I am so fucking sick of the project to which i am currently assigned
at Job 2 that i can hardly stand to think about it any longer. I am
STILL WAITING for transfer out (and the group trying to transfer me in
keeps being stalled, even though i was supposed to start with them
many weeks ago, have some really light stuff for their group already
going, and already have space set up there), and that is what i get
for doing so well over the past year and a half. So much for the
fruits of labour; in my case, i am being handed the kumquat of
bureaucracy as a thank-you. I am in the basement today. Again. Still.
I have a huge, beautiul office (which i got in the first of a few
grandiose requests) that i can never use. And i am a perfectionist, i
am now told. Funny, that. I haven't decided if that is a left-handed
compliment, or right-handed criticism. ;-) seriously though, this
whole situation reached kafkaesque proportions a few weeks ago, and i
have to figure out a way to talk about it here; i am about to try
matching their nutsness and just show up when i feel like it, cos
ordering weird crap had no effect. I don't think they are even looking
at what i ask for, cos i just got in the first of my strange orders.
Or what was supposed to be strange orders, if anyone had looked. I am
afraid to go too overboard, cos i do have to stay working here in
order to get transferred out, but i am trying to be annoying at this
point. Seriously annoying. I really should have asked for Mikrosil.
And i am leaving now, unapprovedly, to take Rhett to the vet, 'cos he
is overdue for his check-up.

No comments: