Sunday, October 07, 2007

Quit being batshit!

I believe that, for whatever reason, i attract people that are insane. Or something. To make a really long story short, this year Baby Bat is working at a quasi-local haunted house; she works it every year in fact, for the past god-knows-how-many years. Bully for her. Meg and I had some friends come into town over the weekend, and they wanted to go to the haunted house. So, just because BB and i text back and forth a lot and i thought we were somewhat friends, i sent her a text message basically saying that we would be there, cos they just opened. Ok, fine. So she sends back this weird message about how Saturday nights are usually bad (huh?) and when i replied with something to the effect of how i was sorry to hear that, and that was odd, but we had guests who wouldn't be in town any other night, she suddenly starts sending this *flood* of messages about how if we go, don't, don't, DON'T take pictures, as it is not allowed. Do not even bring a camera, she says, cos it could end up confiscated. I finally told her that I had to turn my phone off 'cos I was going into a doctor's office (I lied), and I stopped responding, but BB still sent three more text messages. Gah.

I intentionally did not acknowledge her when we went; I do not know what in the hell was going on, but other than the typical no-flash-photography-inside stuff, there was nothing different from any other year. One person in our group speculated after seeing her that she is a very vain person who did not want pictures of her taken where she could not control how she looked. I am somewhat tempted to buy that explanation; BB is a tich on the vain side at times. And no, that is not one way in which she and I are similar.

But I am so, so tired of everyone I know being neurotic. I really, really am.

No comments: