Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Countdown to a Smackdown

Grr.

I had to work from home for the second-half of the day because of
Romeo; I sent out a to-do list to my Job 2 team, cos after teaching
tomorrow, I have to have a FAST development meeting before I go to do
some school-related overseeing, and then on to Eviljob, and guess
what?

One particular asshat who was (prior to our team's development and
tasking) phoning and emailing me (once I drifted over to this new J2
and my position was official) about how EXCITED they are about this
project, and how THRILLED they would be if I would recognise them as
the superty-duper, *special* little snowflake they know themselves to
be and give them a certain portion of this project, cos that's their
area of (desired) expertise, and would look good on their CV, blah,
blah, blah.

My to-do to them was to give me their thingy-thing part by tomorrow
morning -- the one they have had since JANUARY to accomplish.

They haven't even started. I just checked my email (after no reply up
to now), and I have a looong email filled with all the things I hate
most -- excuses and finger-pointing. Now, instead of being 'thrilled'
and 'excited', they are 'confused' about why I picked this deadline
(this was decided MONTHS ago), and they feel 'let down' from the 'lack
of support'. Well, buddy...welcome to the motherfucking world of
management; when you are tasked with something, you farm it out in
manageable pieces to the people under you. If there is no one under
you, you do it your god damned self. But whatever you do, you
COMMUNICATE; one cannot sit around for three months doing nothing, and
then whine about no one helping...if this jackass had been doing
anything at all this whole time, they would be done by now; this part
they took isn't rocket science. I think what happened is that they got
lazy and figured they would get around to it...and realised that it's
easy, but it's not just twenty-four hours' worth of easy, so now they
are doing that excuse-and-finger-pointing thing.

I may feel differently tomorrow, but right now? Oooohhh. I am *steaming*.

Romeo is still ok. Still sleeping, though he did wake up to eat a few
bites of shrimp.

.

No comments: