Monday, November 21, 2005

the Ancodia at the end of this Post

Hello, everybodeee!

Some sun-on-a-beach has bestowed a loofly rhinovirus upon me.  Bastard.

I tried to catch the kittens over the weekend, but no luck.  I don’t remember how old I thought they were originally, but I think I was being retarded; Squoosh was 4-5 weeks old when I found him, and he was a teensy little thing (he is currently ginormous).  These kittens are easily twice that size, so I am guessing they are two or three months old-ish.  Regardless, they will not have anything to do with me; they will not even come near the food I put down until I have cleared the hell away by at least ten to twenty feet, and if I even start to make a move towards them, they dash.  All three are still there and so is Momcat, but none of them will let me near.  One will stand and look at me from a distance, and I would like to think that is her way (I think she is a girl) of telling me “thank you for the food”, but she will not came closer—not for food, not even if I dangle something to play with.  No way.

I am having no luck with any cat rescue people.  Here comes the suck part.  Originally, right after I first saw the kittens, I was talking with Dee, one of our security guards.  Dee mentioned that a year or so ago, a “bunch” of “animal rescue people” came and took one of Momcat’s litters.  Calling some such group had already occurred to me, and I asked Dee if she knew who they were, or how to contact them.  She didn’t; the guards have the number for Animal Services, or whatever, who will graciously come out, catch them brutally, and kill them, ‘cos no one would put time into trying to tame them.  No thanks.  So I called around, and emailed, and called, and emailed.  I have been abandoned; not even the crazy pet rescue lady I have dealt with before will return my calls.  

I’m not being mean…she really *is* a crazy pet rescue lady; picture Albert Einstein with no moustache and a bad dye job, wearing a flowing caftan and a lot of plastic jewellery.  But she’s good people.  *Crazy* people, but good people.  

Butsoanyway.  

Dee even said that she could not understand why the people that came out and took the litter did not take the Momcat.  Me either.  I have talked to Dee about it a few times, and asked her to ask around amongst the guards to see if any of them have any ideas as to who this feline benevolence association might be.  Finally, on Saturday evening, I got a chance to talk with her again, and she had a little more information.  The guard who says he saw it told Dee that he was not sure exactly when it was, but it was a long time ago.  He said that they were over in our North lot, luring the kittens into a large cat carrier with canned cat food.  He wrote it up in an “incident report”, ‘cos they were not employees (because they were not wearing badges), but let them be because he thought it was good for the cats to be taken.  He says they came a few times, but he does not know what group, and they didn’t have any official van, or markings, or anything, just a regular car.  But, he said, they stayed out there a long, long time, and when they were gone each time, there was canned cat food left all over.

In our North lot?  With a large cat carrier and canned food?  With scads of cat food flung all over afterwards?  

Ummm…that would have been me.  

I had changed clothes and took off my badge so that I didn’t get stinky cat chow all over me.  It was earlier this year, not “a long time ago”.  I guess the rest of my “group” are the other employees (about ten or so of them) who, as they left work, all tried for a few minutes (one or two at a time) to help me, bless their hearts.

At least I now know why “they” didn’t get the Momcat.  

Shit.

And you were so hopeful!  I told you and told you there was nothing to get your hopes up over.

Oh, I am so embarrassed…

No comments: