Thursday, February 16, 2006

Are you ready? Here we go…slow, slow, quick, quick, slow…





I had to board my sweet baby boy today.  :-\  It nearly broke my heart; I hope that he will be okay.  He is such a sweet little Squooshable!  When I came home this afternoon to get him, he Mmmmrrrppp’d and Brrrppp’d at me and kissed me almost as if he knew something was afoot.  

I love that tiny cat so very much!

Romeo is doing well, and will be better without having to worry about Death From Above attacks.  

I have spent most of today crying because of stress, this, that, the other, the shit time I had in class last night, the news that a friend (the non-hyphenated kind) had died…just everything.  I heard about my friend (I love you JBM, and I miss you already) when I came home from class, and then I swung by Eviljob early this morning to pick up some stuff, and a co-worker had sent me an email that was phrased in a way that, completely unrelated to the content of the letter, put me in tears.  So I just took my stuff and left, and spent the rest of the day doing mundane stuff, like picking up a watch I’d had repaired and left at the jewellers for a month (my jeweller *says* he loves me, but when I do things like this, I doubt he does), making sure I had all the stuff I need, and just kind of wandering around in a haze and feeling sorry for myself and wishing I could take my Squoosh with me or something, and worrying about having the plane door fall open, and getting sucked out into one of those engine-turbine thingies.  Blecch.

Class sucked because I have moments when I do not speak or present myself well; I have to be in the Zone.  If I am, then I can present *anything*, but if I cannot get “on”, then my brain is like a stagnant pond of sludge.  So that is basically what happened.  That and someone who urgently wanted to make their point (repeatedly) getting on my nerves a little bit.  

Butsoanyway.

We talked a little bit about the future of media as a kind of sidebar topic though, and it occurred to me that if the future of media is something like blogs, then people who do add in video and audio posts to create a news channel of sorts are going to need call signs.  I didn’t mention any of this in class, but seeing as how W and K are all taken up by radio and television, it would be cool if online stuff ended up with Ps.  I do not know who has the Ps, but whoever they are, they’re not putting them to good use; therefore, in the spirit of All That Is American, we need to go bitchslap them a few times and take back the Ps.  In which case, I am completely laying claim to the station PWNU.  Check it out…no Ps.  I am so very requesting it.

Well, it just occurred to me whilst I was trying to think up what call sign I would want.  

So I am easily amused.  

Oh, wait…Ps might be claimed by the Netherlands, Indonesia, Brazil, Suriname, Papua New Guinea, Cyprus, Aruba, and the People’s Front of Judea…or whatever.  Screw them—let them use a letter from one of their native kooky alphabets.  I’m a god damned American, and I cannot even *spell* ITU.  Or, well…you know what I mean.  We need Ps, and I am so sure you could score a spare letter or two on the FSU black market.  :-D  I will totally give them the rights to like, tviordesnak, or something.  No one is using tviordesnak; it’s hard to spell.  I might even sell it on eBay.  I mean, think of it… “You’re listening to the Quiet Storm on tviordesnak RRB, that’s tviordesnak Real Rhythm and Blues on 42.0 FM here in Papua New Guinea…”

Like where in the hell is Papua New Guinea anyway?   Hmmph.  Like they matter.

If we cannot have Ps, I could live with Qs; I would pick QRM.  Or maybe QSD.  

I have to get ready to go for real, but I just wanted to mention it in case I die in an air disaster.  I think it is a meritorious idea.  If I bite it, someone needs to run with it.  And if someone else has already come up with the idea then, well…that’s par for this week, really.  

:-)  Hopefully I will be able to post or something when I am away.  If I don’t die, that is.  

I miss Squoosh.



2 comments:

Smento said...

Oh, Ancodia. I don't like to know you've been crying! {{{bear hugs Ancodia}}}

I have an idea: Post more photos of Mr. Squooshpants. I want to see what sort of handsome young man he's turning into.

ancodia said...

Oh! {{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}} You are so sweet! Thank you--it is muchly appreciated! I was just having a bad biorhythm day, where everything comes at me all at once. I get hypersensitive when that happens and eventually have to retreat to the SporkGirl Cave to hide, errr...rest.

And I wanted to say something nice and wonderful about Judes (JBM), but...it is still baking. That one was a definite ouchy. :-\ I totally want to think of her as being all happy and up in heaven and stuff, which would be fine, 'cept for the being an agnostic thing. But that made me sad, which made the stress of having to leave worse, which made me overly sensitive, like I am itching for some kind of emotional brouhaha and go gunning for it where there is none, not that I ever tell anyone. :-) And then retreat to the SporkGirl Cave. I try to not inflict my bad moods on people. :-) Except here. Oops.

I will post more pictures of Squoosh! :-) I need to take new ones, anyway. As soon as I get this crap submitted, I will do just that! :-)

But don't worry...I am fine. I always am fine. :-) I are resilient. That's one good thing about being too dumb to come in out of the rain--one learns to not mind being wet kind of out of necessity. :-)