Thursday, February 09, 2006

What the World Needs Now is Ambient Lighting

Rock on, Fred!

Cat Nabs Fake Vet

I wish I had talent enough to come up with an appropriate headlining link, like STIX NIX HIX PIX, or something. I should maybe ask Ms Grammarian for help. Maybe CAT BALLS QUASH FAKE HOUSE CALLS? STRAY SETS-UP SHAM VET? FURBALL FINGERS FAUX DOC? Or how about FELINE FOILS FRAUDULENT FELLOW?

Well…I have no aptitude for it. Clearly.

Okay…I have to get back to work. Tomorrow Romeo has his post-Theo-Dur check up, and I have a meeting, and then I will go to get seafood if it kills me; there is this amazingly brilliant restaurant sort-of nearby that I have been craving madly for a few days now. I haven’t had anything decent to eat in at least a day or so; I have just been too busy. On the up-side though, Whazztherface’s Frusion drink thing does not suck as food. There was another one I had that was god-awful, but Frusion is pretty cool. Thank god MMM was making with the comestibles last night, else I’d have died. We had honourable guests from Over There (no, really—one was from another country, and I could understand him perfectly; it was the American that I was having a hard time with…go figure) who talked our ears off. Oy. Before, the last chance I’d had to grab anything was a Frusion that *morning*, as I was running late. Sigh. And I had forgotten how much I like cheese. I know that sounds funny, but it is true—we had brie that was *awesome*, or maybe I was just starving. Who knows? And my goodness, if MMM wouldn’t look *so* much better if he were lit from above all the time! We had the ceiling lights on dimly for audio/visual stuff, and whoo.... I mean really.

I know…I need therapy. I just haven’t the time. :-)

Anyway, leaving Eviljob today, I saw Mr Fluffy again, but this time he ran away from me. I put out food and water, and he came over and drank a ton, but wouldn’t let me near. They do not have enough water out there, even with the lake and fountain. I did not have time to chase Mr Fluffy, so I just left and came home. And Mehitabel was out there, as well; it had been some time since I had seen her (though I did swing by after MMM’s class last night and she was out and scavenging, which is unusual for her, so I gave her food last night, also) I will need to start again with the cat traps, I think.

Argh.

And now I have to hurry and finish the last thing I had due for MMM (I *said* I would never finish in time!), and hope he doesn’t notice that I am stealthily slipping it under his email door. :-)

Who am I kidding? MMM knows EVERYTHING!!!! It is normally intimidating, but lit from above, it’s, well…

Bwaah! :-)

3 comments:

Smento said...

Ha! I think you clearly DO show aptitude for writing headlines. "Quash?" Excellent. If you could work in "cites" and "cuts a swath" it would be even bettah. ;-)

Smento said...

By the way, did you see the photo of young Fred wearing his medal and handsome blue collar? What a good boy!

ancodia said...

I did! He is quite a dashing undercover agent! :-) I am so happy that they used a stray, who now will have a nice home! Yayayayayayay!!

And wow--'cuts a swath'? That is AWESOME! I may use that just to, well, use it. Very Gotham City-sounding!

Fake Vet Cuts A Swath Through Gotham! Mayor Cites Fred As Our Last Hope!

Now I just need that twirling paper effect, like the old Batman series used to have!

Sigh...I am doing that longing-for-a-time-I've-never-even-lived-through thing again. Hit me. :-)