Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Say what?



Well, then.

On Tuesdays, I pack quite a bit into twenty-four hours; I double up on some Eviljob things (and come in on the weekends) so that I can have Wednesday and Friday more or less free.  

And then school started back.  

Now, this doesn’t really affect me; I plan ahead for things, at least somewhat.  :-)  Unfortunately, one of my work-friends who has decided to go back to school didn’t plan so well, and so put me on alert that she might need me to let her cover me this afternoon and then I would come in and run her class on Wednesday morning for just this week.  Let’s call her BB.  So I told BB ‘sure’, and asked her on Monday if she still needed the favour.  She said no.

Okay, fine.  I had some things I wanted to do this afternoon (oh, yeah — I really desperately wanted to haggle with DURR on the phone as I am driving around for an hour), plus I kind of ran out of things to do at Eviljob, and the idea of leaving early had become appealing, so I sent my manager a heads up that I was leaving mid-day.  

So I am gathering my crap up to leave, and BB (we’re in the same cubi-room) turns and gives me this venomous look and says, ‘you need to tell me RIGHT NOW what is going on!’

wtf?

Okay, so I decided to not go and get all offended straight off (shit…I am lying; too late.  No one speaks to me like that.  Ever.); I just calmly told her that I was leaving , and kept talking over her (calmly) when she started freaking that she hadn’t agreed to anything, etc…  It worked; I could tell that she felt like an ass, but I still didn’t get an apology.  I would ask (simply for form’s sake) if I should be as ticked as I am/was, but again—too late.  Needless to say, any future requests will meet with a resounding, ‘I’m busy’.  If I don’t go so far as to glance at my watchless wrist and declare that I have a ‘thing’.    

Man, I swear.

And the really bad thing about this is that after I do get irritated at someone for things like this, I have to keep reminding myself to stay upsettish.  I don’t mind the need for clarification, or anything like that; I just don’t like the form it took.  And the failure to apologise, or even attempt to explain or justify that form; if someone wants to really piss me off, just do what BB did (and Sophie does *constantly*):  Be dead wrong, offensive in the process, and when confronted with your rudeness and wrongness, just say, ‘oh’.

I am really eager for Blogger to implement the private postings.  Whee.  

Okay…now I need to get to sleep.

.

2 comments:

Smento said...

I'd almost definitely have the same reaction to that as you. I don't understand where her hostility came from.

ancodia said...

For the life of me, I have no clue. Sometimes when this shit happens, I wonder if I have Aspberger's or something, 'cos it feels like something socially-based is going on that I am just...not...getting! I'm being facetious about the Aspberger's, but it really does *feel* like that. I do not know. ::shrug:: I really was standing there thinking, 'WTF?!?!? What just happened??'