Thursday, March 22, 2007

Amen to that...

I am a little worried about the cat food recall; I have mostly these days been feeding everyone Nutro, abut canned and dry only...except for Romeo, who has been eating pouches of senior fish stuff that *was* recalled.  I am not happy, and of course I have stopped feeding it to him.  I am thinking of just going with Purina for everyone, because clearly my paying more didn't keep my babies safe, did it?  And Purina is not involved at all in this recall -- I checked.  I am going to have to do more investigating in my copious free time.  Sigh.  But I liked the letter below:

From HubPages:

We Demand Satisfaction!

So many people have been affected by the Pet Food Recall and so many pets have been affected by the junk, companies use in their pet foods.

When a consumer purchases a bag or can of pet food we should be able to trust the name of the producer. We should not have to dig through the list of ingredients hoping too figure out if what the company uses in the food is poison to our little friends.

Pet food can't be trusted just by the name of the product, the name of the pet food maker, or where the product is purchased (the vet's office or high end pet supply company).

This recall has shown us that the SAME stuff goes in some off-brand name pet food and the high dollar stuff as well.

Our pets are meat eaters yet 75% of most pet foods are made up of grains. It is the grains in these foods which caused the recall. Pet Food Producers don't plan to REMOVE the grains...just change suppliers for a less Toxic run of the same junk.

I feel there should be something done to make these companies clean up their products!

I have thousands of comments and emails from pet owners (parents) whom have lost "Abby", "Baby", "Bruiser","Max" and lots of "Buddy" named pets. I've spent hours reading the remarks from my readers and going to bed with tears on my pillow because of what these people and pets have been through. It hurts! Why have the pet food producers done this to me? Why have the pet food makers done this to all the people and their pets who read my articles???

I want to do SOMETHING! I am not sure WHAT I will do...but, I WILL do something.

If YOU want to do "something" too. Send to me your name, address, and phone number to my email at " asksusanpeters@hotmail.com" . Please do NOT post your private information on the comments section of my articles. When, my voice, OUR voices (signatures) are loud enough, I'll let the people know!

Let's do SOMETHING.

Thank you,

Susan Peters


No comments: