Saturday, March 31, 2007

yet more political crap...

Well, everything *was* fine…

No, I mean *really* -- like just this morning. Things were all pretty good.

Now things are weird.

Yet more political upheaval in my life and career. Yay.

Let me briefly explain my feelings about political upheaval:

I hate it.

I do not simply hate it, I abhor it. I avoid it. I will lock myself in my office, hide in the bathroom, or throw a blanket over my head and sit in my car to hide from it. I will duck behind potted plants, pretend to be inanimate objects, and claim to not speak English to get away from petty political shit. I have not participated in political shit since primary school, when a girl named Michelle decided Renée and I could not be friends with Tamara or any of Tamara’s friends…who were also some of Michelle’s, Renée’s, and my friends. There was upheaval, drama, and allegations of stolen friends and lipglosses; notes flying back and forth, name-calling, and it was *brutal*.

I frankly had a hard time keeping up with it; I had to resort to taking notes to stay current with everything.

Butsoanyway.

Upheaval appears to be back. I cannot get a moment’s peace away from these bastards and their petty crap, it seems. I would go into great, exhaustive detail, but I cannot right at the moment; for purposes of sympathising with me, let’s just say that Someone Important just took another position (‘just’ as in just today…or yesterday, probably), and already the emails, telephone calls, and IMs are flying about who is allowed to be friends with whom, and so forth. They are probably storming the buildings as I type to claim their rightful space, and so forth.

Just shoot me.

I am *so* looking forward to this time next year, when I can start packing with a clear conscience and a partially-finished Magnificent Octopus; it’s my plan to be out of town before my signatories’ ink is dried.

Bwaah.

.

2 comments:

Smento said...

And where will you be moving in a year? New York, perchance?

ancodia said...

I will move anywhere that will pay me enough! Seriously; I am being an absolute mercenary about the whole getting hired thing. Sure, there are places I *personally* would rather end up, but if the money is right, I will go ANYWHERE.

I am going to paper the entire North American continent, a few Eastern European countries, and possibly a friendly-looking neighbouring galaxy or two. This time next year, when I find myself getting frustrated and angry (like I am now), instead of whining I will go pack. :-D Packing will make me feel better. Being literal about it, this time next year I probably will not have anywhere to *go* yet, but packing would make me feel better.

Honestly; if I did not think it would be truly insane, I would start packing RIGHT NOW.

I expect to head the hell out (or at least have offers) around Christmas of next year. If I get held up much longer than that, I may go absolutely batshit.

But once I am done, I will go wherever the money is. With my luck, that will turn out to be someplace like Botswana, but a girl can dream, can't she?

Though at times like this, sitting in some malaria-infested mud hut in the middle of the Amazon rainforest and calling it a 'department' sounds really appealing. I could even paint the words, 'DEPARTMENT OF CXXXXXXXX SXXXXXX' (to those less high-minded than Our Grammarian, get yer minds out of the gutter; the number of letters is all wrong for what you just thought) on some bamboo I could bind together and hang it outside, providing it was waterproof paint. I am resourceful. Rilly.

I would even offer to overload on undergrad courses and teach 12,000 parrots and pygmies a lot about basic, boring stuff that I do not care about -- really; I am a fucking *font* of knowledge about basic, boring stuff. And I want OUT of here.

Butsoanyway.

...where is Botswana, anyway? The rainforest, right? ;-)