Thursday, March 01, 2007

Ok... This is good.

Everything is going pretty well. It has been stressful making sure i
am home every four to six hours to check on Cookie (and Rhett also,
but Cookie's surgery was more serious) and make sure her ears and paw
pads are not hot, her mouth is pink, and her stitches are intact,
nothing is red, smelly, or oozing. Cookie tries to sniff me when i
sniff her; she is so cute! And i also (FINALLY!) heard from (yet
another) animal rescue group who has tentatively said that they will
help me the weekend after i get back from Reno. This would be
fantastically fabulous. Maybe one of them could catch Mehitabel, who
is pregnant as hell right now.

Well, i can dream.

I have three traps, including the craptacular bucket trap that i
bought before i was told (by Wildrun) that they stink. And they do.
Butsoanyway. I will buy a few more traps, out in sorta-nearby farm
area, where the tractor store Bonnie told me about sells two
traps--one large, one small--for the price of one. The lady i spoke
with today said not to buy any, that she would see what she could
borrow around town, but if she can get some help for me, i will donate
all the extra traps, and just keep my lucky trap (the one i caught
Cookie and Rhett in). So yay!

In Other News, i am really branching out in this rescuing-thing! On
Tuesday, i rescued a bird that flew into a window at Eviljob! As i was
coming out of work, i saw a crowd of people around a bird that was
just sitting on the ground.

I'm running out of space, so i will continue in another email...

No comments: