Sunday, March 25, 2007

I love the smell of tomcat in the morning...


It may not be the smell of victory exactly, but it is at least the smell of a tiny success.  None of my cats were FeLV/FIV positive in the random testing, they all survived, and I managed to end the career of two moms-to-be, one who looked *just* like Squooshable (three kittens), and one grey tabby who is about as tiny as Cookie and malnourished; at NINE kittens, she was the rescue group's record-setter.  One of the ladies in this group said that as small and marginally-nourished as she was, she probably would not have survived the birth -- or if she did, she would have died trying to keep up with feeding nine kittens, 'cos she clearly is not managing to find enough food to feed herself.

They are all recuperating in the garage of another volunteer who works at my university (or I attend and work at his, as the case may be), and I absolutely *MUST* get some sleep.  I will have to tell you later about the whole escapade, down to Chrissy trapping in a dirndl. 

No, I can't make this shit up. 

She *did* change, but the point is...

:-*  g'night!

1 comment:

Smento said...

Good work, Ancodia! And I'm so glad they didn't test positive. I suspect you'll sleep soundly knowing you did a good deed today.

And yes, please do explain the dirndl (which I had to look up, at which point I laughed out loud).