Thursday, April 05, 2007

Am i a huh?

I just left Job 2, and swung by Eviljob; no hurt tuxedo cat. I will go
back by in a bit, and look again tomorrow if i do not see it again
tonight. I do not know what else to do, other than to hope i see the
cat again and if i do, trap it. Or try to.

We got all our crap set up and running in our 'extended off-site work
area', and that is fantastic; everything works as it should, and
believe me, that is a miracle. One of the girls at the off-site
ummm...site today asked me if i was Indian (she is; a lot of the
people at Job 2 are--though there are a lot of things many are not
allowed to interact with because of a bunch of dumb bureaucratic rules
that i can't explain--but we have a lot of Indian and Chinese people,
probably because Job 2 has some aspects that are tech-intensive), but
so she really flipped me out with that one; i'm thinking, 'only if
there is some type of extremely pale and extraordinarily hennaed
Indians with green eyes that i have never seen'. I told her that as
gorgeous as many Indian women are--herself included--i was quite
flattered, but no. She said that my jewellery and some of my hand
gestures had made her think so, particularly my anklet (she thought i
might be married because of it, or my toe rings, i was not 100% sure,
but i think she meant my anklet). But that has to be the oddest
mis-identification i have ever had. Maybe also added to that the fact
that i have been setting up stuff all week with two Indian guys (whom
i eventually need to get around to talking about, cos they are FUNNY,
and one of them is really cute (when i first saw him, before he opened
his mouth, i thought he was an Arab) ; one of them was using my cell
and speaking in Tamil, and when he launched into it, i said under my
breath to the other guy, 'my cell doesn't speak Tamil'. The guy on the
phone shot back, 'oh, yes it does' and went back to his conversation
without missing a beat. Here *i* have to pause between languages...but
that may be because i am stupid...

No comments: